TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the bike out after the snow in Austin and this is what I have found so far and what I might need. If y'all could reply back with the links or contact info as to how I can go about purchasing the following parts so I'm spending less time hunting on the internet and more time with the bike. Thanks!

Please send your best links for the following items needed: Again its a 1992 with 24K mi.
ALSO, if anyone has anyone has any of these items and would like to help me, please let me know!

1. The rear tire leaks air at the spokes. I read there is a tube inside the (Bridgestone) tire. Please send link for tube and recommended tire since the tires are from 05' I think. Ill replace the front tire as well so a rec on that too. Someone mentioned (Shienko) mispelled...

2. Complete oil change kit. synthetic oil, O rings, filter (paper or oem?), new oil plug, new bolts for the oil filter cover (the orig ones are bad)

3. Carburetor. OEM or aftermarket? $300 or $30?

4. New air filter and air intake boot from filter box to carburetor and new boot from carburetor to engine. New bolts as well.

5. Another member sent a link for a new kit set of stainless bolts $20 from Alloy Boltz. Anyone have thoughts? It does not look like its got everything...Most of the bolts seem to be somewhat chewed up.

6. The headlight and tail light do not turn on. Could be just a bulb? Please send a link for these, Ill probably just get the OEM at the local parts store. The bike came with front blinkers that are currently working but no rear ones. Ill need the rear ones. Also currently the bike does not have a battery if that matters. Already ordered a bat. If someone has a front and rear light kit that is sitting around after going to LED let me know....

Appreciate the help...

·
Registered
940 Posts
All the factory part numbers can be found here...
1992 YAMAHA TW200D-TRAIL WAY Parts | OEM MOTORCYCLE Parts | Partzilla.com

It's better that you go through the diagrams and find the part numbers for what you need. I'm not at all trying to be rude! Getting familiar with those diagrams will better serve you in the future. If you are doing the work yourself it's almost imperative. I would also recommend rebuilding the carburetor over replacing it. Parts are much cheaper than a new carb.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Good advice from reddave. Checking the parts diagram is helpful on older bikes that need help (or any bike). Partzilla will have the OEM part numbers. You can then google each OEM part number to attempt to find a better price.

The parts diagram (or the shop manual) has also helped me identify parts that were missing on my bikes while doing my research.

OEM carbs and carb parts are always the best option. But I use the cheap knock-offs often, when spending $300 just doesn’t make to me on bikes that cost $500. I have had mostly good experience with the knock-offs. There are lots of threads that discuss these carb alternatives.

I have purchased parts from forum members here, but I’ve found that shipping costs often make any good deals fall apart.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Absolutely what @reddave and @Badgerflorida have already stated above.

I believe several of us have already responded to your request regarding tires two days ago.
In the continuation of "Good Faith" , links below for a rear tube. The link below can also lead you to a front tube as well.

Bridgestone Standard Motorcycle Tube With TR-4 Valve Stem 180/80x14
Part# 1224480001 | Mfg Part# 548715

Size 180/80-14 Our Price: $21.88

Best of luck with your project,
Marty

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Here’s more carb info based on my most recent search.

Your bike’s OEM carb is the older style (87-00 models). All the cheap knock-offs carbs are newer style (01-current models). If you go the knock-off route, you’ll also need to purchase newer model carb boots and re-route the throttle cables.There are lots of threads that detail the process. These pictures from forum member jbfla give the layout and part numbers.

Amazon has lots of different vendors offering the knock-offs. Each time I need one, I just find the cheapest vendor that has good ratings. Here’s the current cheapest one with good ratings...

·
Registered
21,170 Posts
Excellent, that BadgerFlorida guy sure can did up good info! But then badgers are known to be good diggers.

However I believe the previous century's TWs lacked the surge tower like plumbing leading from the intake manifold to the little aluminum fitting tucked up in the upper frame rail. As such either the depicted intake manifold would need to be either capped or plumbed with the "surge tower" assembly that acts sort of like the boost bottles of older 2-strokes that mellows out some of the intake pressure pulses. Other option is to simply order a pre-2001 intake manifold.

Reactions: Purple

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
If your cables are stock, they’ll work if you reroute them.

Good point Fred!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts