TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
59737196_10161841342520061_8426743865024708608_n.jpg

Probably not but at least the beer will stay cold. I figured I'd pop in and show how the bike is changing. I still need to do plenty but I can at least hit the road without worrying about space so much. I keep putting off the essentials like a better suspension or seat in favor of silly stuff like this though :rolleyes: Anyhow, hope everyone is doing well!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wheel and tire are rated for hi-way speeds?
Pretty sure, yeah. That's how I intend to use it for now anyhow. There's folks pulling these at much higher speeds than the TW is capable of.

Nice set up. How do you like the trailer?
I haven't had a chance to use it loaded up yet but did about a 3 mile test around the neighborhood and down the highway. You can just barely tell it's there. I'd imagine fully loaded it might feel a bit like a passenger's weight, maybe harder to lean with a low center of gravity. I'll try to report back after I move some weight a ways.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Cool set-up, I like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There was a guy on ADV Rider about ten years ago who had a setup very similar to that. He rode from Oregon to Minnesota and back, worked out really well.

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
There was a guy on ADV Rider about ten years ago who had a setup very similar to that. He rode from Oregon to Minnesota and back, worked out really well.
I can't remember his forum name but the guy you're talking about was a forum member here as well. I recognize your forum name from Advrider as well. Welcome to the TW world.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
I thought I saw enough room for a small collapsable kitchen sink right on the swingarm extension/ trailer mount. sink.jpeg

Might even be room for a nice tent and shower combo too. shower.jpeg

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It was "Macadam Drifter." He had multiple myeloma and I think it took him in about 2011. :sad:
I remember reading his ride report and seeing pictures of his rig. I went and looked it up again and it seems many of the pictures are gone now, which is a shame. I did find this one though. It has definitely been one of the legendary TW's. Inspired me for sure.

362d78df2fb42ca6dbe624ada5d3ea2d.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts