·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
553 Posts
Physically, yes.

It may even be a talking point in the interview, but it certainly wouldn't be the done thing in the white collar market.

Besides, your attitude and intellect will make more of an impression than superficial aspects.....unless there's close competition and they require a deciding factor.

·
Registered
794 Posts
They are worn inside the pant leg, so that only the portion of the boot from the ankle down would be visible. Or do I need to bring dress shoes to change into once I get there? Chaparral Motorsports, parts sales position.

http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2009-Sidi-Sport-Rain-Boots-Black.jpg

Yes, I am a bit strange, for discussing topics such as these on a model-specific online motorcycle forum, but whatever, lol.
Well I guess it depends on what the job is. And then do you want the job

·
Registered
14 Posts
Throw on some black Kiwi and polish them real good. If you are questioned about them explain that motorcycle boots are the latest fashion for kewl ppl.
lol

Swoop

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Funny topic. I did laugh out loud, really and had to open and read it. For a motorcycle sales position...why not!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Just remember it's better to over dress than under. If you have a chance for some recon do so. See how others dress and don't be afraid to step it up a little. Also unless it's a t-shirt.. tuck it in!! I know sloth may be the new fashion but you want to show them that you care how you look. Shave have neat hair and clean clothes. I may be old school but if some one came to me for a job wearing an old sweat suit and flip flops they won't stand a chance!! Last GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'll go for it. I will be riding to the interview after all, and will still be wearing my jacket and spine protector upon first face-to-face contact. If they are even noticed at all, they will show that I value function over form (which could signal such qualities as integrity and sincerity), while still appearing classy and professional enough to pass the cursory 2 second inspection of the "old school" type. Beyond this, I suppose that if this ends up being the deciding factor in their decision not to hire me, I wouldn't have wanted to work for them anyway
So it's a win-win! I will be wearing black pants and a nice collared shirt and tie, and I think these boots worn inside the pant leg can go with that. Of course this is all way over-analyzed especially since I'm really not worried about this aspect of the interview but hey, that's what I do.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Good luck with the interview.

My nephew worked there. The employee discount was very good to his po' old uncle....

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Here's hoping you get it. If that ends up being the case and you want some tips from an old parts pro I'd be glad to help.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
You should go back to work as a consultant. Old parts pros who can think outside the computer are practically extinct.

I salute thee.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
You should go back to work as a consultant. Old parts pros who can think outside the computer are practically extinct.

I salute thee.
I still have the microfiches and reader machine for all Hondas and Kawasakis sold in the U. S. of A. up until 1985.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Not to throw this post off track but when I started back in 1976 there were no compooters. It was all parts books. In fact I can still remember alot of Honda numbers like 13011-300-010 std ring set 71-77 CB-750K.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good luck KJ! There's not much I dread in life more than job interviews, hope it goes well!

I wore my steel toe Red Wing work boots to my best friends wedding almost three years ago, my F-450 bucket truck was outside in parking lot as well. They got married at noon on a Tuesday at the local courthouse. I was at the tail-end of my work day (I'd started real early in the morning that day and had planned on stopping by my house to change before-hand but it didn't happen). No one really cared, in fact those who knew me weren't surprised. At least I'd thought ahead enough to bring a nice (non-work) shirt with me.

Kevin

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
You should ride your Ninja, ATGATT, wearing a t-shirt under your jacket that says, "My other bike is a real motorcycle. TW200"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts