TW200 Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
19,761 Posts
A grey blob screen shot along with a backstory of operating system and any extensions like ADD Blocker , etc might help others understand and then maybe help.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I saw those round circles too but, it was quite a while ago and, don't remember the circumstances when it did happen. I might have been on a different operating system than what I have now. Those surely sucked back then, for me.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
4,942 Posts
Sounds like you haven’t done this before, so it’s likely your hard drive is carrying some excess baggage. What clearing your cache and cookies does, is spring cleans the browser, and first thing we need to find out, is if the grey blobs are caused by something left in there from an older version you may have visited

You can do this manually, but in your case, let’s go “automatic”

CCleaner is the simplest way to go, and the free version is well up to the task. I personally used this on Windows 7 for 12 years and never had a problem with it. Follow this link and download the free version - Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free!

Once it’s installed, open it and run for the first time. The paid for versions are “OK”, but offer little that you can’t get for free elsewhere (we’ll get to that in a minute). The first time you run CCleaner is likely to take a handful of minutes, as it will have a lot to go through, but any subsequent times you run it should only be less than a minute. Let it do its job, and your cookies and cache will be cleaned. I’d recommend running it once a week to keep the crap from accumulating again, and it will work on any browser you have on your hard drive – I say “run it once a week”, but you can run it as often as you like, I used to run it daily. Stick to the default settings unless asking here first, the default settings will do fine

This should cut out a lot of ads on various sites too, as “cookies” are used to spy on what you browse for, to place the ads more accurately – but as CCleaner gets rid of those cookies, they no longer have any information on you. And as is also clears your “cache”, each time you visit a site you get a fresh look at the pages. I’m hoping this is your problem, but if not, get back on here and we’ll try something else

Once you’ve done that, I’d also recommend “Patch my PC”. This is basically a very light program that detects any outdated software on your system, and updates it for you. Using it is simplicity itself, and once its finished, you can close it so it’s not running in the background. Follow the link Home Updater Overview | Patch My PC

Having done those two simple things, you will need to de-fragment your hard drive – not because of anything those two things have done to it, but because it sounds like you haven’t done it before. There are several ways of doing this, all of which are explained in easy steps here How to Defrag Windows 7 Again, if you run in trouble, ask me. De-fragmentation can take up to 20 mins, this is perfectly normal

Do the above in the sequence given, which means you have sorted out the wheat from the chaff before tidying it up with de-frag. The end result should be a “clean machine”, run a little bit faster, and hopefully get rid of those grey blob things

None of the above is the slightest bit risky, and they are regarded as perfectly normal to do if you want to keep your machine clean. Let us know how you get on, and if in doubt, “ask questions”. Once you have achieved the above successfully, we can take you to a higher level if required …..

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Sounds like you haven’t done this before, so it’s likely your hard drive is carrying some excess baggage. What clearing your cache and cookies does, is spring cleans the browser, and first thing we need to find out, is if the grey blobs are caused by something left in there from an older version you may have visited

CCleaner is the simplest way to go, and the free version is well up to the task. I personally used this on Windows 7 for 12 years and never had a problem with it. Follow this link and download the free version - Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free!

Once it’s installed, open it and run for the first time. The paid for versions are “OK”, but offer little that you can’t get for free elsewhere (we’ll get to that in a minute). The first time you run CCleaner is likely to take a handful of minutes, as it will have a lot to go through, but any subsequent times you run it should only be less than a minute. Let it do its job, and your cookies and cache will be cleaned. I’d recommend running it once a week to keep the crap from accumulating again, and it will work on any browser you have on your hard drive – I say “run it once a week”, but you can run it as often as you like, I used to run it daily. Stick to the default settings unless asking here first, the default settings will do fine

This should cut out a lot of ads on various sites too, as “cookies” are used to spy on what you browse for, to place the ads more accurately – but as CCleaner gets rid of those cookies, they no longer have any information on you. And as is also clears your “cache”, each time you visit a site you get a fresh look at the pages. I’m hoping this is your problem, but if not, get back on here and we’ll try something else

Once you’ve done that, I’d also recommend “Patch my PC”. This is basically a very light program that detects any outdated software on your system, and updates it for you. Using it is simplicity itself, and once its finished, you can close it so it’s not running in the background. Follow the link Home Updater Overview | Patch My PC

Having done those two simple things, you will need to de-fragment your hard drive – not because of anything those two things have done to it, but because it sounds like you haven’t done it before. There are several ways of doing this, all of which are explained in easy steps here How to Defrag Windows 7 Again, if you run in trouble, ask me. De-fragmentation can take up to 20 mins, this is perfectly normal

Do the above in the sequence given, which means you have sorted out the wheat from the chaff before tidying it up with de-frag. The end result should be a “clean machine”, run a little bit faster, and hopefully get rid of those grey blob things

None of the above is the slightest bit risky, and they are regarded as perfectly normal to do if you want to keep your machine clean. Let us know how you get on, and if in doubt, “ask questions”. Once you have achieved the above successfully, we can take you to a higher level if required …..
Uh

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #94

Once it’s installed, open it and run for the first time. The paid for versions are “OK”, but offer little that you can’t get for free elsewhere (we’ll get to that in a minute). The first time you run CCleaner is likely to take a handful of minutes, as it will have a lot to go through, but any subsequent times you run it should only be less than a minute. Let it do its job, and your cookies and cache will be cleaned. I’d recommend running it once a week to keep the crap from

CCleaner is the simplest way to go, and the free version is well up to the task. I personally used this on Windows 7 for 12 years and never had a problem with it. Follow this link and download the free version - Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free!accumulating again, and it will work on any browser you have on your hard drive – I say “run it once a week”, but you can run it as often as you like, I used to run it daily. Stick to the default settings unless asking here first, the default settings will do fine

Uh
I am going to try this. I hope it does not give me coronavirus.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
No, it won't.
But a sixxer of Corona beer will help...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Purple. Be patient with me. Exactly how to do that. Give me dumber down instructions and and unwill follow them. MBW
? yeah I would have said that ! , I know my way around engines etc , but computers were just coming into schools when I was younger , so have not really grown up with them ! Like the younger members and generations .
I do try and force myself to keep up and use new technology ? It’s a case of if you don’t embrace it you will get left behind and become a dinosaur ( thing of the past )
I know the basics to get by with regarding computers :oops:
“But they don’t really push my buttons “ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I know the basics of computers. Gray blobs are not the worst obstacle life can throw at me right now. If I stay six feet away from them I will not turn into one. I do not want to take the chance of screwing up settings on my computer when the only place I get the blobs is on this forum, the Triumph RAT forum, and the FXSTS forum. I shall have to function under this surmountable adversity. If I drink enough Corona beer I shall make it through the Corona Virus ...right?.

·
Registered
13,517 Posts
If you drink the wrong moonshine the gray blobs will go away. Not sure if Corona beer has the same effect!

81 - 99 of 99 Posts