TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

They always had one of these bikes at the state fair when I used to go [the Chesapeake Jubilee] and if you could ride it to the end of the thing, then you win this badass awesome mountain bike. Me and a few thousand other people I'm sure tried it every year.

P.S. That mountain bike was always still there when the carnies were packing everything up on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts

They always had one of these bikes at the state fair when I used to go [the Chesapeake Jubilee] and if you could ride it to the end of the thing, then you win this badass awesome mountain bike. Me and a few thousand other people I'm sure tried it every year.

P.S. That mountain bike was always still there when the carnies were packing everything up on Monday.
That was cool, thanks for sharing that. Interesting and funny.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Because of my leg problems, I can't even ride a normal pedal bike.
But I think back when I could, I think I could have done it. Just think about the way you cross up when sliding a corner on a dirt track.
I'm kinda in the same boat as you. But what about the fact that when bikes turn slowly; motorcycles too; turn in the direction you aim them? At least going slow; but once up to speed, on a motorcycle, its all different. Do bicycle's even get up to that speed? I think it would be awkward trying this bike. :confused:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
That bike might be easier to ride if you sit on it backwards!

GaryL

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
That was really cool and rather informative. Thank you for sharing this because the chances of me finding it without this post are pretty slim. Do you have anymore like it?

Tom

·
Registered
129 Posts
I worked at the Bendix plant where they manufactured bicycle brakes. The lab techs built a front wheel drive, rear wheel steering bike sometime in the past that was said to be unrideable. It was chained to the wall because too many people were getting hurt.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Very cool, very deep presentation on human consciousness and learned bias. Much deeper view than just riding a backwards bicycle. This really speaks to how we learn to see the world around us.... thanks meth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts