TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to see if there are any Canadians who have had the Cycleracks shipped to their home and if so did you get hit with taxes and or duty?

(I don't believe you pay duty if it's made in North America?)

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'd simply call the guys at Cycleracks. They ship everywhere and can probably answer all your questions

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies

Tinman I already spoke to Marc he was helpful but couldn't tell me.

JK thats what I was wondering, did Canada Post charge you $10.00 handling fee as well or just the hst?

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have both front and rear cycleracks.

They were delivered by mail.

Where did you get the idea of a $10.00 postal fee?

Mine did not have any extra charges at all

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Polar, this is what I got off the CBSA and Canada Post websites

"Handling costs"

To process goods imported as mail that are subject to duty and/or tax, Canada Post charges the recipient CAN$9.95. If the item is duty-free and tax exempt, no amount is charged.

All amounts must be paid at the time of delivery (by cash, certified cheque, VISA, MasterCard or your Canada Post commercial account).

I'll take the chance shipping it to the house by what you guys are telling me, I was pondering getting it shipped to my p.o. box in Niagara Falls N.Y. but its $7.00 to pick it up or $5.00 to ship here!

·
Registered
422 Posts
That is totally bizarre. Here in Nunavut we us Canada Post constantly and have NEVER been charged a handling fee.

Most recently my Saddle Bags cam by mail from Tinman. Postage was $100 but that was it. No GST and no fee.

My cycleracks were the same.

Maybe you Re reading to deep?

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
Depends on the courier. USPS hands over to Canada Post - there's a handling fee. If it UPS or Fedex expedited, no extra handling.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, that makes sense Vuldub! Btw I see you have a CT70, that brings back some good memories I had one for my first bike traded her up for a Yammy MX80 should have kept her hind sight being 20/20 and all!

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
Thanks guys, that makes sense Vuldub! Btw I see you have a CT70, that brings back some good memories I had one for my first bike traded her up for a Yammy MX80 should have kept her hind sight being 20/20 and all!
In my youth I started on CT70's and dreamed of CT90's. As you can see I now own both. I rebuilt the engine on My CT70 and it goes great! I think TW's are just the next level evolution of the CT's. Many TW owners have or had CT's. Here's my CT70:

I'm Canadian eh, like gotta have snow in the photos, eh.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In my youth I started on CT70's and dreamed of CT90's. As you can see I now own both. I rebuilt the engine on My CT70 and it goes great! I think TW's are just the next level evolution of the CT's. Many TW owners have or had CT's. Here's my CT70:

I'm Canadian eh, like gotta have snow in the photos, eh.

My first bike experience was also a my Grandpas CT70, not sure what the year but early 70's. I then moved up to a pretty lime green 1975 CT70 that my Dad bought us. I know my Dad appreciated the 'no maintenance' aspect of this funny looking little bike.. My brothers Kawasaki 100 dirt bike was always broken down, which resulted in a lot of cursing on my Dad's part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts