TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Off to the Tower of London with that cheeky bloke!
Nobody is permitted to outdress Her Majesty

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Speaking of O'Canada;

Areas of Canada have started passing laws that allow persons of specific religions to be exempt from laws that all other Canadians are required to follow.
Now, I'm not talking about men wearing religious headgear in places that others not of that religion cannot - but close.

There are places in (or all of) Canada where anyone riding a motorcycle is required to wear a helmet. I presume everywhere that requires this; is reasoning that it may save peoples lives and/or lessen injuries and medical costs; and thus they force this requirement on everyone.

But they are starting to exempt Sikh men who wear a turban from having to wear a helmet. So are they showing favoritism to Sikh MEN over all other men and women (including Sikh women)(thus gender discrimination as well) or intimating that their cloth headwear will protect as well as a helmet - or - are they saying it is better that Sikh men have a higher chance of death or major injuries and costs than non-Sikhs and Sikh women motorcycle riders.

So where am I going with this?

If the 2nd amendment is ever struck down here in the USA: I'm going to move to Canada.
From a website: Carrying a handgun in Canada without authorization is very illegal and there is virtually no way for you to get authorization to do so without having a job which requires it.
So after reading that you would think - ya won't be any better off in Canada; BUT.....obviously there can be an exemption for anyone whose religious beliefs say otherwise.

So I will find (or start) a religion that requires all followers to carry a handgun at all times...Congregation now being accepted!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
If the 2nd amendment is ever struck down here in the USA: I'm going to move to Canada.
That's the spirit!

I know your only joking... you're not a movie star or anything.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I think the only reason we have helmet laws is to keep us alive to pay taxes. If a Sikh doesn't need one is his life less valuable? You can't put a helmet over the turban? Either way it doesn't bother me but I get your point. However it would be difficult to qualify this as a new religion.

The worst thing about Trudeau IMO is he's running us in debt to the World Bank and more concerned about his standing with the UN and global trade deals then actually solving aboriginal humanitarian issues. It looks like he's working for New World Order.

·
Registered
13,793 Posts
Maybe it's a requirement for men visiting the Queen to wear a Queen dress similar to having to wear those slippers when visiting castles in Europe (the part of Europe on the other side of that watery thing between Britain and France or whatever).

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Sikhs fought hard for this. They can wear turbans in any job. Although now that I think about it what about firefighters, divers, hazmat workers? Makes you think of what one could be exposed to while committing to a turban.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Well that is Kanuckastan for you. I am wondering what they will do for all those Siamese that make up so much of Vancouver.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
However it would be difficult to qualify this as a new religion.
Hey T.W.: I wasn't implying Sikhism was a new religion. I was just saying that if there was not a religion already in place that required carrying a handgun - I would then have to start one.

Don't know anything about your government - watching what's going on in my country is discombobulating. No offense to Bob. :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
No I was referring to a religion who believes in carrying a handgun...that would be a new religion.

I think politics being discombobulating is a common prime directive in partisan "democracies".

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
No I was referring to a religion who believes in carrying a handgun...that would be a new religion.

I think politics being discombobulating is a common prime directive in partisan "democracies".
Democracies, I am beginning to wonder about that. It does not seem to be for the people anymore. Seem our legislators are about who can give the most perks to swing things their way for greed. Us tax payers are just here to feed the system.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Furries is a religion isn't it? Wonder if they will be allowed to ride helmetless. Or cut two holes for the bunny ears.:eek:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Maybe they should wear helmets like this!

images-3.jpeg

Jim

Reactions: admiral
1 - 19 of 19 Posts