1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Im sure there were plenty of others to follow in both directions. But yes a great book saga for sure.

This time of year barefoot in the amazon sounds pretty good.

Makes you wonder how it covered so much ground. Freight trains could have got hm most of the way. I'd love to hear the details. Sounds like a great story.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Soooooo if I just start walking South I will end up in the Amazon? Warm all year round with free berries and fruit to keep me alive? Hmmmm I'm going to go get a coffee and think about this.
Don't you mean go to Tim Horton's for a coffee? :cool:

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
"Warm all year round with free berries and fruit to keep me alive" -PeterB
Don't miss the chance to try some jabuticaba which flowers and bears fruit directly off the trunk, none of those silly branches or twigs acting as middlemen between you and some really tasty fruit...also known as the brazillian grape.
:) These I've harvested from a trucks roof top, the trunks themselves are a bit thorny.

26efff88339690376e9c018e7a61b213.jpg It is a unique experience to eat or harvest your way up the trunk of one of these trees when it is full of fruit.
Another more common but equally unusual berry is the acai whose ropy dangling fruit covered vines are much higher up and harder to reach. 95d4efef12515930266b96358d408962.jpg 49a997b50a01d22a4c3e77aef4a5f391.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
tim horton pantera at yard.JPG From there, the narrative is picked up by Constable Mike Gula, St Catherines OPP detachment. Mike got a call from OPP dispatch about a speeding driver near Burlington. Gula saw the white Pantera and gave pursuit with lights on to pull him over. Gula said, "I was driving over 100 mph but I lost sight of him and never got close. A few miles later I came onto the crash scene."
Tim Horton's car left the road at one point and encountered the soft shoulder, damp from rainfall. The tires sank into the soil with two of them coming off their rims and slicing the treads. The car was unable to steer properly and slid dangerously out of control. The left front tie rod snapped and at one point the right rear wheel broke loose from the control arm and ball joint which was totally destroyed. The car hit a lamp post at speed and hurtled into the concrete wall on the west side of the highway. It barrel rolled several times before coming to a rest upside down on the highway. Tim was ejected from the car about 37 meters and died instantly. One report says he was thrown 60 meters.

Wonder who picked up the collectable remains of the '72 DeTomaso Pantera for $500 Canadian?
tim horton pantera salvage paper.JPG

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
"Warm all year round with free berries and fruit to keep me alive" -PeterB
Don't miss the chance to try some jabuticaba which flowers and bears fruit directly off the trunk, none of those silly branches or twigs acting as middlemen between you and some really tasty fruit...also known as the brazillian grape.
:) These I've harvested from a trucks roof top, the trunks themselves are a bit thorny. Fred

thanks for the tip Fred... must remember to bring a ladder

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
View attachment 79825 From there, the narrative is picked up by Constable Mike Gula, St Catherines OPP detachment. Mike got a call from OPP dispatch about a speeding driver near Burlington. Gula saw the white Pantera and gave pursuit with lights on to pull him over. Gula said, "I was driving over 100 mph but I lost sight of him and never got close. A few miles later I came onto the crash scene."
Tim Horton's car left the road at one point and encountered the soft shoulder, damp from rainfall. The tires sank into the soil with two of them coming off their rims and slicing the treads. The car was unable to steer properly and slid dangerously out of control. The left front tie rod snapped and at one point the right rear wheel broke loose from the control arm and ball joint which was totally destroyed. The car hit a lamp post at speed and hurtled into the concrete wall on the west side of the highway. It barrel rolled several times before coming to a rest upside down on the highway. Tim was ejected from the car about 37 meters and died instantly. One report says he was thrown 60 meters.

Wonder who picked up the collectable remains of the '72 DeTomaso Pantera for $500 Canadian?
View attachment 79833
Never good to be the first to a crash scene.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts