TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends!

Been a looong time since I was last here, but I saw this last week and thought of y'all. And thought about my old bikes, Frank & Charlotte, and wondered why did I ever sell them :D
Anyway, these videos by Ryan Fort Nine are pretty entertaining. He does a decent job of being balanced in the good and bad of any bike. Looks like he really _____ the TW200!

Love to all!

I'll be back eventually. Until then, enjoy the review.

·
Registered
19,199 Posts
Howdy LUVNOT! You're the third good member to post this review in the last week but that's OK. Guys gives a pretty colorful and enthusiastic review. Like the way he raves about how well prepared the TW is, all ready for the owner to install a kickstarter.:p

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Fortnine is my first go to for bike parts. Cheap fast shipping in Canada with reasonable rates.

His assessment of the TW is fair and thorough IMO except the misinformed notion that a TW rode to the North Pole when in fact it was a TY250 with a few TW parts on it. On another note I am also very envious of his ability to do a pivot turn on it.

·
Registered
19,199 Posts
Oh good, I'm not the only one not yet to master the pivot turn on a TW.
My old KDX and younger knees excelled at that, making tight mountainous switchbacks negotiable. Never imagined I could get the porky TW and my atrophied skills to pivot turn like FortNine..

·
Registered
299 Posts
Can't say I've even attempted a pivot turn on mine. Usually do the easier "donut" turns in tight spaces.

neat video though. I kind of wonder just low long the TW will stick around. My guess is emissions standards will ultimately either force Yamaha to modernize/update it, or drop it from the lineup, if they don't think model sales would warrant the R&D investment.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I've only done a pivot turn once as a happy accident working on slow wheelies. The TW weighs almost twice what I do....that can be intimidating when it's up on the back wheel. He doesn't bring it up high either which hurts my shoulder to imagine wrestling it like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts