TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
I'm still laughing! Canada is great, where else could you find coins with the the Queen on one side and a beaver on the other? Thanks ssgtrilliumfor the excellent parody.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I was more amused by the comments{section now closed} by the assholes commenting, most with a typical perverse sort of "penis envy" for guys like Chris Kyle, but then again I consider the source....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
True story Hekkler, but he had to use US ammo to do it. Truly amazed at the accuracy of these folks though. Figuring ballistics at the ranges they shoot is a math problem above me.

·
Registered
485 Posts
True story Hekkler, but he had to use US ammo to do it. Truly amazed at the accuracy of these folks though. Figuring ballistics at the ranges they shoot is a math problem above me.
Regardless of the ammo origin, when you have a 4+ second travel time and have to factor in the rotation of the earth to make the shot, I will buy you a damn drink!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
It's the intersection of algebraic functions. Punch the numbers in a graphing calculator and hit the button. We used slide rules in the olden days. Sometimes we got lucky.

4 seconds out from a .300 WinMag would be about 3000 meters, right?

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's the intersection of algebraic functions. Punch the numbers in a graphing calculator and hit the button. We used slide rules in the olden days. Sometimes we got lucky.

4 seconds out from a .300 WinMag would be about 3000 meters, right?
The current record is held by Briton Corporal of Horse (CoH) Craig Harrison, of the UK’s Household Cavalry, who recorded a 2,475 m (2,707 yd) shot (confirmed by GPS) in November 2009, also during the War in Afghanistan, in which he hit two Taliban insurgents consecutively.[6] CoH Harrison killed the two Taliban machine gunners with shots that took the 8.59 mm rounds almost five seconds to hit their targets, which were 914 metres (1,000 yd) beyond the L115A3 sniper rifle’s recommended range. (.338 Lapua)

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
The History Channel is running it's "Sniper" series, or you can watch it online at this location: Great Insights and stories....

History Channel Snipers

Reactions: goldenhtr

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
Oh no! Does this mean another maple sugar crazed Canadian will be we wandering the great white north soon? This must be where the term loon-ie comes from.

Reactions: Peterb
1 - 13 of 13 Posts