TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20,149 Posts
Looks very nice. Perhaps have them put a provision for fuel can storage on tongue if you plan to ever stay out in the boonies? That way you can re-fuel the bike(s). Planning an interior bulkhead between bike and living areas? Looks like some kind of curtain between the two?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Nice camper Reddog. Have you upgraded the springs on your Tacoma yet. I ordered HD springs for mine Friday. $425 shipped. Including Ubolts and new bolts. If your interested let me know. Are you going to use a weight distribution hitch?

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice camper Reddog. Have you upgraded the springs on your Tacoma yet. I ordered HD springs for mine Friday. $425 shipped. Including Ubolts and new bolts. If your interested let me know. Are you going to use a weight distribution hitch?
I have upgraded springs and this weekend they are giving away free CURT Sway Bar Control and Weight Distribution Hitch.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"
Trailer sway is a serious and potentially dangerous problem. The CURT Sway Control is an inexpensive solution to this problem. We feel that a little precaution before a crisis occurs is preferable to a lot of fixing up afterward and the Sway Control is a perfect safety addition to your Toy Hauler.

NO MORE FISH TAILING
Avoid devastating damage to your trailer and vehicle by using the CURT Sway Control bar that reduces lateral movements of the trailer caused by the wind. Trailer sway is a serious and potentially dangerous problem and we care about our customers.

Prevent uneven weight distribution
When you hook up a trailer to a weight distribution hitch, the trailer's coupler, or tongue, rests on the trailer ball just like it would on a normal ball mount and trailer ball. Instead of all the weight being on the trailer ball, however, the spring bars mount onto the A-frame portion of the trailer and lift up on the back of the vehicle, causing more weight to go to the front. Pretty cool, right? The CURT Weight Distribution Hitch that we are offering is also extremely adjustable and can be used on virtually any vehicle with a class 3 to 5 trailer hitch.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Pretty cool stuff Reddog. I checked out their website too. One of my good friends has a toy hauler but I can't remember which manufacturer. His is a nice setup also and he uses it quite a bit when he goes ATV riding.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Great site. I looked at the 36ft with the walk around bed. Hate those beds that have walls on 3 sides, hard to make up. At the payment schedule looks like a good way to go.

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
Looks very nice. Perhaps have them put a provision for fuel can storage on tongue if you plan to ever stay out in the boonies? That way you can re-fuel the bike(s). Planning an interior bulkhead between bike and living areas? Looks like some kind of curtain between the two?
Not sure if all Toy Haulers have them but my son just sold his. It had a 25gl fuel tank built in, and had a electric fuel pump to fill up the bikes or ATV's. What ever we did not use we just pumped into the truck when we were ready to leave.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure if all Toy Haulers have them but my son just sold his. It had a 25gl fuel tank built in, and had a electric fuel pump to fill up the bikes or ATV's. What ever we did not use we just pumped into the truck when we were ready to leave.
Yes one can be added for a grand and has a 32 gallon tank.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I spent the day at Dune Sports went to the old factory and the new factory still moving in. after seeing the 16 foot in person I made changes to my order I went with the 14 foot and upgraded to 15 inch tires $50. a tire so for $200 I also get a heaver duty axel with 15 in tires. I think it will be safer with the 14 foot towing with a Toyota Tacoma and it will be me and my TW 95% of the time so I will have plenty of room. and I did see that Plum and twilight checked in with him.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Bang!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts