TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
As an accomplished canoe swamper I would have capsized at head of rapids and swum through loosing half my gear.:rolleyes:
I used to belong to the "Friends of the River" organization. We pretended we were responding to a higher environmental ethic but really we just wanted unregulated wild and scenic rivers to play on. Was a good way to meet girls who didn't mind getting their hair wet though.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Good time going down the river you had.

Your pictures and the video brings back memories. I was once on one canoeing adventure which turned tragic. We dumped the canoe in a waste high rapid. All 3 of us in the canoe ended up in the drink. The tragic part was our cooler full of beer tipped over and spilled all of our beer downstream. We were able to save some of the beer and even some rafters taking a break past the rapids waded out in the water to save some beer from drowning for us. It's been way too long ago for me to remember how many soldiers we lost in this tragic event (beer soldiers).

We shouldn't have been on this river in a canoe...with 3 people in a 2 person canoe...drinking...with a fully laden beer cooler. Our thought was "hey, what can go wrong"!

We were wearing life preservers though!:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts