TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else not able to access the forum using Explorer?

I signed up a week or so ago, got my password and profile set up, and then haven't been able to get in with IE since then. I have to use the AOL browser (which I hate). I just keep getting a "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" message, over and over. I have no problem going to the myriad other sites I use.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Are you using a Favorite to access the site or is it your Homepage? If so, try typing in the website name. I've seen websites saved in Favorites stop working with the same error message. Put tw200forum.com in a search engine (Google) or at the top of the IE page and press Enter..

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you using a Favorite to access the site or is it your Homepage? If so, try typing in the website name. I've seen websites saved in Favorites stop working with the same error message. Put tw200forum.com in a search engine (Google) or at the top of the IE page and press Enter..

Nope, it doesn't matter what I link to it from or type in manually. I've probably accessed 80-100 sites this past week shopping for parts, checking weather, checking in at other forums....TW200forum.com is the only one I can't access except by Aol's browser....I don't have Firefox.

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
I use both IE and Firefox and haven't had a problem with either, so I presume your IE wants some lov'in or something.

Firefox is free and I used that before this forum site switched hosts, as we couldn't post photo's from older versions of IE on the old host. Still use FF at home 99% of the time.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You could try shutting down your anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, parental control or any other security software programs you're running to see if that's causing the problem. Check your router setup too if using one. Remember to shutdown one program at a time rather all at the same time.

Also check and see if somehow these same programs including IE are blocking the website.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Over the last week or so there seems to have been a change to this forum. With Internet Explorer, I lost all control over text style and size. As well, I had some 'Info box' blocking the "sign-out" and "help" text to the top right of the screen. After mention of Firefox, I gave it a try and all is back to 'normal' while using Firefox.. Not sure what the issue is. Gerry

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Seems like the "old" forum is back (for me). I could not do this (size and text) for the last 4 days. Perhaps it was a glitch with some software update. When I tried Firefox I found the forum worked fine but I got a message (on Firefox) that indicated there was some software conflict and some particular part of the update needed to be trashed and my computer re-started. This was done automatically and now all is fine. Gerry

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
gerry, Whatever you did to your machine recently (last message) caused an improvement in my eyesight. Keep up the good work. I feel younger just looking at the clarity of your text. Grin. Tom

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
I just checked and IE works fine for me but I much prefer Firefox. To each their own.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Hey Tom, my vision is going South as well. Generally I view at 125 or 150 %. Being able to post with larger text makes it alot easier for me. As well, I seem to like the Comic Sans. What ever it was that caused the problem for me seems to have been resolved when Firefox informed me that an element of my recent Java down-load was causing a problem. Gerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts