TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've read countless post about the webcam stage 1 but I still have the question of : is it reliable in the long term with stock Springs?

I've also read a post where the user experienced no gain using the webcam with 15/47 sprockets, which tall. I currently run 14/45 on a 2015 ~1000mi, so I should see a performance increase?

I've changed to 130 main, 2.5 turn out pilot and 3 shims on needle which helped.

I've also put on a did x ring chain. I don't think I would have a tw200 if it wasn't for the wonderful people on the forum. I'm really looking for top end, holding at least 65mph in almost all conditions

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bronx,

Welcome to the forum!

What speed are you able to hold with your current setup? What is your weight and how level is the terrain that you usually ride?
Hi and thank you for the welcome! I've been a long time lurker.
I usually fluctuate between 60-69 gps verified/ tach reading verified, on calm (low wind speed) days. But the terrain around whiteman afb in Missouri is very hilly. I weigh 170 lbs. Elevation between 600-1200ft

It is usually windy here so that has quite the effect. Just today WOT in 5th I could barely go 50mph, 4th struggled to hold 55 wot, thank you wind.
I'm mainly hoping the webcam would allow more consistency around 65

·
Registered
20,196 Posts
Don't know anything about cam improvements to top speed to expect . But...
Have you addressed aerodynamics? Get slippery with flush mount or smaller turn signals, eliminate rear fender, front fairing like Cornelius's CornShield, avoid flapping clothing like un-bloused Airman's Battle Uniform, etc.
Street tires at higher pressures will yield better efficiencies than TrailWings at 16 p.s.i.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know anything about cam improvements to top speed to expect . But...
Have you addressed aerodynamics? Get slippery with flush mount or smaller turn signals, eliminate rear fender, front fairing like Cornelius's CornShield, avoid flapping clothing like un-bloused Airman's Battle Uniform, etc.
Street tires at higher pressures will yield better efficiencies than TrailWings at 16 p.s.i.
Aerodynamics might be killing me, I am wearing thicker gear due to cold. I have elephant ear hand windbreakers mounted to the handguards.

In ABUs, the best gortex they gave to wear is this new gen3 thats basically a big puffy coat. At least speed limits here are topped at 30/40. I do try to keep the stock tires at 22/25 psi.

I may go ahead with the cam, take a bunch of installation pictures or video, and review my before after experience. Possibly the best way I can contribute back to the forum

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Welcome!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts