TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People
Been away from the cycle world for about 20 years. Recently Retired @ 62 because of Covid Pandemic, ( Originally Planned to retire @ 66 ) Lost Family and Friends and looking to fill that VOID in what's left of my life. That Void can be filled with the purchase of a 2022 Yamaha TW200, The PERFECT bike to meet my needs.
Well, my luck.....Can't find one in my area for sale now. I live "near" Wilkes-Barre, Pa. and LOCAL dealer seemed a little clueless as to obtaining one for me, And I dont have the means to Travel Around 40 to 100 miles to other dealerships. I would also need the bike delivered to my residence.
Is Yamaha's Manufacturing cut due to pandemic and are they really that hard to come by ?
Or does anyone know anything I dont ?
I WANT A TW200 - HELP !

·
Super Moderator
20,695 Posts
Hello People
Been away from the cycle world for about 20 years. Recently Retired @ 62 because of Covid Pandemic, ( Originally Planned to retire @ 66 ) Lost Family and Friends and looking to fill that VOID in what's left of my life. That Void can be filled with the purchase of a 2022 Yamaha TW200, The PERFECT bike to meet my needs.
Well, my luck.....Can't find one in my area for sale now. I live "near" Wilkes-Barre, Pa. and LOCAL dealer seemed a little clueless as to obtaining one for me, And I dont have the means to Travel Around 40 to 100 miles to other dealerships. I would also need the bike delivered to my residence.
Is Yamaha's Manufacturing cut due to pandemic and are they really that hard to come by ?
I WANT A TW200 - HELP !
Welcome to the forum and I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. You never know, so keep posting this up and someone will come along. Good Luck on your search brother.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I was in a local dealer last september and they had a total of ten that were already sold. Was informed the next shipment of Tdubs would be sometime in the spring.
You might try calling other yamaha dealers to see if you could order one and have it delivered.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ROMM, Im sorry for your loss. I agree with you that the TW200 is the perfect machine for just about any non-hurried motorcycling. Im looking for one as well, and if it werent for a lot of Scottish blood in me, Id have bought one already, but I have a hard time justifying too much over Blue Book, not only to myself, but to the Chancellor of the Exchequer here at my house (aka my MUCH better half). They are challenging to find, however, dont forget to check Facebook Marketplace, and BOTH Motorcycles and Motorcycle Parts for sale categories on Craigslist. TW's are out there. Ive been primarily a street rider for the last 40 or so years, with about 12 years of dirtbiking before that. The TW appears to be a great way to transition from the street world to the dual sport world. Research the whiz out of the TW, the folks on this forum are literally a University of specialized TW knowledge, not to mention being damn good people. They will let you know what modifications are worth getting, and how to do it. If someone is close enough to you, they might just come over and help you do any work you need to do. Hang in there. That TW is out there for you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome. I'm sorry to hear about the recent loss in your life. Getting back on 2 wheels could be great therapy.

Motorcycle shopping like cars and everything really, is tough now. Prices are high and there is no inventory anywhere.

If you would consider lightly used, there are some who buy a TW and decide it is not for them. As mentioned above, Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist are your friends. Several lightly used examples have been sold in the last year. Be ready to pounce though. There is little room for negotiating or beating around the bush. You have to be prepared to reach out and if it is a fair price just tell them, I'LL TAKE IT!

I would also strongly recommend placing a deposit. I bought late last year and insisted on sending a deposit electronically as it would be a few days before I could travel. I traveled a few hundred miles to pickup. When I arrived the seller told me they had over a dozen inquiries and it would have been sold to a higher offer if I had not given the deposit. I'm so thankful they were an honest seller and now I am part of the TW gang or Tdub club as some say.

You can also call around to other dealers and arrange for delivery.

Best of luck in your search and retirement. May your new future be filled with peace hope and joy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha TW200
70 Posts
Hello People
I WANT A TW200 - HELP !
Here's one...

And 2 more...

Not sure why they're in Spanish.

·
Registered
2004 TW200
28 Posts
Here at our local Rapid City dealer, I stopped by the other day to wish the guys a happy holiday and they had two TW's. Both were sold 3 months ago and just came in waiting for pick up. One of the buyers was from Montana and the other was in SD but about 100 miles away. My friend at the shop said Yamaha products were next to zero for stuff coming in.
lots of Kawasaki stuff coming in because they switched to using the ports down in the Gulf area instead of CA ports.
Unfortunately for the guys at the shop - Yamaha is their #1 seller. So TW's are a order and wait deal over here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here at our local Rapid City dealer, I stopped by the other day to wish the guys a happy holiday and they had two TW's. Both were sold 3 months ago and just came in waiting for pick up. One of the buyers was from Montana and the other was in SD but about 100 miles away. My friend at the shop said Yamaha products were next to zero for stuff coming in.
lots of Kawasaki stuff coming in because they switched to using the ports down in the Gulf area instead of CA ports.
Unfortunately for the guys at the shop - Yamaha is their #1 seller. So TW's are a order and wait deal over here.
Thanks for that info on Yamaha....

·
Administrator
6,438 Posts
The recent constriction of shipping, combined with the increase in demand, may mean placing an order and waiting up to 12 months (or a bit longer). Recommend you grab what you can for now, the lower the milage the better – these things hold their value even before covid came along

It will get you riding, give you a chance to evaluate what you need when the new one arrives, and any farkles can be transferred across – that’s assuming you will then still want to swap for new, rather than keep both

The guys on this board may be able to help you out with transportation outside of your assumed range, eg picking something up and dropping it to you on the way through – (stranger things have been known)

The TW’s are as flexible as the people who ride them – who dares wins – think outside the box …..

·
Registered
313 Posts
Maybe a Kawasaki KLX300 Super Moto. Put offroad tires on it. More power and a 6 speed for road use and fuel injected.

Look on Cycletrader.

See a few dealers advertising $399 shipping to your door.

Lots of them in WI for sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just posted a new 2022…possible delivery
Checked out your pic and you have a real nice bike there......and I wish you luck selling it, .....Being who I am and nothing will change that, I would not feel comfortable making a transaction without knowing seller personally. Nothing against you it's just that your way out of my area and I will not buy any bike unless it is BRAND NEW and thru a DEALER.
Thank You for posting it to me, all you did though is make me salivate even more for one.
A dealer about 75 miles from me has 0ne but is not responding to my requests.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Checked out your pic and you have a real nice bike there......and I wish you luck selling it, .....Being who I am and nothing will change that, I would not feel comfortable making a transaction without knowing seller personally. Nothing against you it's just that your way out of my area and I will not buy any bike unless it is BRAND NEW and thru a DEALER.
Thank You for posting it to me, all you did though is make me salivate even more for one.
A dealer about 75 miles from me has 0ne but is not responding to my requests.
Well ROM sounds like you know what you want. 75 miles is not too far to drive to deal FTF with the dealer who has one, if he still does. Were it me I’d be there when they opened. Good luck.

OFG

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Hello People
I WANT A TW200 - HELP !
If you think 62 is Old...wait until you close in on 73... 👀 But continued good luck on your TW Search...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts