TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone remembers me and my last post (I'm the guy who forgot about the kickstand and downed the bike at a gas station...yea that guy:rolleyes:) then it shouldn't be a surprise I'm asking for help once again.

The other day I took the teedub shooting with me. I had to ride through some pretty rough and muddy trails to get to my shooting spot in the woods. On the way there, i slid on some muddy water and downed the bike. Had my ar15 on my back so everything got covered in soupy mud. The bike, the gun, even my underwear. But nothing was broken so I kept going. On the way back from shooting, I hit another deep mud hole and lost control. The bike wheelied, slung me off, and took a nosedive into some hard rocks and dirt and then tumbled back onto me. (Oops:eek:) Bike seemed ok except for the headlight harness area and the dashboard. Got it back home and took off the headlight. The metal bracket holding everything in place was awkwardly bent so I beat it back with a hammer, fixed that. But the plastic dashboard holding the speedo and control lights was cracked/broken to where the speedo loosely bounces around.

I searched the internet EVERYWHERE and cannot seem to find just that single piece of plastic dashboard, i only can find full complete sets of teedub dashboards which I don't need. Does anyone know of anything or have had this same problem?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I might have this part in my parts box... can you post a photo of it so I can be sure? If so, I'm sure I could be convinced to part with it for little or nothing. :)

Reason is, I built my own dash out of aluminum and replaced the stock speedo with a Trailtech Vapor, so I didn't need the stock one anymore.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Good on ya bro...:)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I don't get it and these posts keep coming up, "I searched the internet EVERYWHERE and cannot seem to find just that single piece of plastic dashboard, i only can find full complete sets of teedub dashboards which I don't need. Does anyone know of anything or have had this same problem?".

Every Yamaha dealer and almost all of the aftermarket parts sellers have diagrams and schematics that list all of these parts just like TW Brian posted above. Any of us can find this part in 50 + different places and it is not at all hard. Just go to a place like Partzilla or Stadium Yamaha and put their page in your favorites. Once you find the part number from the schematic you can then search the internet for the best price for that part by the number. Keep in mind that many of these parts are identical from year to year for our TWs. If you can't find it for your year then look for it from other earlier or later years and cross reference the number to see if they match. There really is nothing hard about finding these parts and saying you have searched the internet "Everywhere" with no luck is just not right. You simply need the schematics which are available just about "Everywhere" !

GaryL

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Sounds like you are running the DeathWing front tire (OEM). If you are check out the tire threads

Reactions: pdaddy

·
Registered
20,376 Posts
I shattered my pilot box into maybe six pieces in a tip over once. I simply glued it back together with some filler to replace a missing piece so I could ride the next day. Temporary repair has lasted more than a year, just may leave it another year.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rob, I appreciate the offer but Brian found the exact part I need, thanks man!. Second time youve helped me out :D Gary, you're right. I had no idea there was websites out there with complete diagrams, I'm a newbie. Thanks for your help as well, I'll look harder next time before posting. Cheers!

And yes, those are oem tires. From 2006 and still going strong! :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
C'mon Gary, give the junior members some slack. The original poster has 4 posts, you have 4,000. We were all newbies once.

I've learned a lot from this forum and get a lot of satisfaction from helping others in any way that I can.

Brian
Seems as though you all are taking what I wrote wrong. I had no intention of blasting the OP here but I did want to be informative to those who are new here. I and most of us are fully aware that all of these parts are ON LINE and on the Internet if they have any idea where to look and how to look them up. In the time pdaddy spent writing this post, if he knew what I told him, he could have found the needed part and had it ordered. Rather than hammering on me we might do better to post a sticky about how to look up and find any and all of the OEM parts for our bikes.

I don't happen to have that speedo bracket laying around but lets face some facts if I did have one and was willing to give it away. It is about a $20 part new. For me to send it to a member it would cost me between $5-$10 to get it shipped after I pack it up and drive 30 miles round trip to the post office. Basically it is easier for us all to just buy the part unless you are searching for something that is impossible to find. Once you have a parts house that has all the microfiche diagrams saved in your favorites finding any part is a very simple process as long as the part is available. Once you learn where and how to look things up it is a no brainer and any new member needs to know these little tricks we all learned from others right here on this forum. Pdaddy has 4 posts and now he has a wealth of information at his finger tips if he saved a site in his favorites, what is wrong with that?

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
5,253 Posts
Gary – I’m as likely as anyone here to ask for a link to a parts site – they’re not always apparent on a Google search, and for my part, I always seem to get re-directed to some useless strange Japanese site.

And I’ve been here for six months, with a lot more than 4 posts ……

I think the idea of a sticky with the links to the parts micro-fische is an excellent idea – it would help me out for a start – and maybe save others who already have these links as a matter of course some (understandable) “frustration” ……

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Gary – I’m as likely as anyone here to ask for a link to a parts site – they’re not always apparent on a Google search, and for my part, I always seem to get re-directed to some useless strange Japanese site.

And I’ve been here for six months, with a lot more than 4 posts ……

I think the idea of a sticky with the links to the parts micro-fische is an excellent idea – it would help me out for a start – and maybe save others who already have these links as a matter of course some (understandable) “frustration” ……
Here is a link to the exact part pdaddy is searching for for his bike but it is for the 1998 that you list. Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 1998 TRAILWAY - TW200K METER Diagram

Here is the link to the full Yamaha line by year and model. Yamaha Motorcycle Parts.

Just put the link in your favorites and when ever you need a part it is right there. There are many other parts houses that also show all of these diagrams and all are the same except for the price each vendor charges. Once you find the part and the part number you can then do a google search with the part number and possibly find it from the cheapest place. Some vendors will price match with any less expensive seller and a lot of times you could get directed to an Ebay seller who lists by part numbers and could have it new or used. The key is having the diagrams in your favorites so you can look up the part you need. Once the link is in your favorites you can re name it to be Yamaha Parts.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
MODS

Can we sticky the above please ...............

(Thanks Gary)
There is a down side to this Sticky thing Purple! I don't know how many and especially the new members even bother to take the time to view the Sticky's. Just like the search function, just about all of the info any member, new or old , could possibly need is already here but many have no clue how to use these functions. I do suppose it is just as good to have our new members come and introduce themselves with various posts for info they need. It is a good way to get to know the forum and the other members. For those who just want quick access and a Go To place to find the part and get an idea of what they cost or even a part number the links are best saved in your personal favorite list.

GaryL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank's for the links, Gary. I have a similar problem with my dash being busted (my dad dumped it out of a truck bed a while back and busted the whole assembly) and couldnt find the parts I needed for under $100.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts