TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for wider bolt on pegs and can't seem to find those d2motos that were all the hype years ago on this forum

I emailed d2moto who said they were out of stock for the TW200...

Anywhere else to get these?
Any alternative models that I can select from the d2moto site?

Any other bolt ons like the IMS for cheaper at all anymore??

Thanks for you help everyone :)

**btw, I'm in Canada. That might matter in availability

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hah....

For anyone that needs a reminder, DMO specialties looks like the way to go
They are a zero offset wider footpeg

Laters!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Before you buy wider pegs, think what your riding is all about. If off road and you need to stand a lot, go for it. The pegs you are talking about are good but very expense unless you are serious(they come with new hardware, etc.). The bike isn't motocross to start with, so ask yourself a few questions; what do I ride in trails etc(in the past.), how do I ride, and where do I ride. I personally think for my riding that I would like longer(yet the same width) foot pegs as the stocker. I like grip and foot feel but for me it's the ergonomics of the bike. The offset is unnoticeable(to me), even though I brought it up with probably a whole lot of newbies at the beginning.

Reactions: Mkfchef

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Thanks gents! Great timing. I was just starting to look for pegs and saw this posting. $12.50 is a great deal. My order is in.
Cool, a few here had to do the same. My right peg fit perfect, left side, I had to grind a little off the stop so the peg sat level. If you need to do the same, grind or file peg, not stop on bike. This way, if for some reason you don't like them, your stock pegs can go back on without any changes.....;) Some either didn't like the wider pegs or had to get a longer shift lever due to the less space between peg and lever with the wider pegs while wearing boots. Figure I'd let ya know if you didn't already know....;) I also needed to file the points sharper on new pegs to get a little better bite to my boot. Cuz they were a little slipery.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cool, a few here had to do the same. My right peg fit perfect, left side, I had to grind a little off the stop so the peg sat level. If you need to do the same, grind or file peg, not stop on bike. This way, if for some reason you don't like them, your stock pegs can go back on without any changes.....;) Some either didn't like the wider pegs or had to get a longer shift lever due to the less space between peg and lever with the wider pegs while wearing boots. Figure I'd let ya know if you didn't already know....;) I also needed to file the points sharper on new pegs to get a little better bite to my boot. Cuz they were a little slipery.
Thanks Werlock. Since getting my TUU, I have gotten to know my UPS deliveryman on a first name basis!:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
My $12.50 ebay pegs arrived about an hour ago. Thanks for the heads up.

My left peg is roached. The bracket was bent too, but I was able to heat it and bend it back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before you buy wider pegs, think what your riding is all about. If off road and you need to stand a lot, go for it. The pegs you are talking about are good but very expense unless you are serious(they come with new hardware, etc.). The bike isn't motocross to start with, so ask yourself a few questions; what do I ride in trails etc(in the past.), how do I ride, and where do I ride. I personally think for my riding that I would like longer(yet the same width) foot pegs as the stocker. I like grip and foot feel but for me it's the ergonomics of the bike. The offset is unnoticeable(to me), even though I brought it up with probably a whole lot of newbies at the beginning.
Thanks for the advice man

Longer pegs sound nice too

Would be cool to have some interchangeable ones so you could choose to run longer or wider as you like

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mounted the pegs today. I had the same problem as Werloc, only opposite peg. I had to file a little off the top of my right peg. No big deal. As Werloc said, file the peg, not your TUU (plus I suspect the pegs are a softer metal, the pegs file down pretty easy). Great pegs at a great price on EBay for $17 (including shipping). I got mine in 2 days.

Wished all my Farkles were under $20!

This Forum is the bomb...and I mean that in a good way! I would have never found these pegs if it were not for the members here.

·
Registered
263 Posts
got pegs for $25 off amazon....took 2 days to arrive. A bit frustrating, though, on the right peg, the hole for the lower half of the spring was in the wrong corner and required me to drill in about 1/8". Other that, they are on. I'll be riding with them in the morning to see how they feel.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
got pegs for $25 off amazon....took 2 days to arrive. A bit frustrating, though, on the right peg, the hole for the lower half of the spring was in the wrong corner and required me to drill in about 1/8". Other that, they are on. I'll be riding with them in the morning to see how they feel.
It's noted on this forum and in reviews on Amazon. I thought they were cheap enough to try out. If I had liked them I most likely would have ordered another higher quality pair. I didn't like so I sold to another member. I also bought cheap "bark buster" to try. I like them and most likely next year I'll hopefully replace and with a bigger guard. I already promised my friend them. He has kids and his bike gets dropped breaking levers.(.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure if you found some yet or not.

I see that you are located in Toronto. This might be perfect for you.

I just ordered a set from a company called Kapsco Moto located in Pickering. They delivered to me in 2 days (London) and they look great. I plan to install them this weekend if it actually warms up a bit.
Heres a link to the pegs on their website. I believe they ship to the US too!

Yamaha Motocross MX Black Foot Pegs Footrests - PW50, PW80, TTR90, and TW200 (1981-2012)

FP003-2T.jpg

·
Registered
20,366 Posts
Dogonit, I think Procycle still has weld-on foot peg extensions for the TW that while making the pegs extend further from the bike on either side only make the foot pegs slightly wider front to rear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure if you found some yet or not.

I see that you are located in Toronto. This might be perfect for you.

I just ordered a set from a company called Kapsco Moto located in Pickering. They delivered to me in 2 days (London) and they look great. I plan to install them this weekend if it actually warms up a bit.
Heres a link to the pegs on their website. I believe they ship to the US too!

Yamaha Motocross MX Black Foot Pegs Footrests - PW50, PW80, TTR90, and TW200 (1981-2012)

View attachment 13209
I installed them last weekend. They fit perfect. You just need to drill a hole in the right peg to accommodate the spring as the hole they provide is on the wrong side. It will be very apparent to you what needs to be drilled once you have them in hand. And for the price, you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts