TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I can't see half of the pictures. Some of them just show up as a little black outline the box some of them show up as a photo bucket not able to support third party sites, etc. is this a setting or something that I need to change? I'm really excited to see everybody's pictures but inevitably I can't see a lot of them. Oddly enough this seems to happen a lot of different forums sites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Check your "cookies" settings.
I do have mine set to off but some software versions prevent (protect) you without asking.
Are you PC or Mac?

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
There isn't a setting for this. The problem is that many forum members here and other sites use Photobucket and they recently have tried to blackmail us to pay for the service of using them or they take away our ability to view our photos or access them. Thousands of folks are in a rage over this. Years of using them to store our photo's and now they are gone...

By the way... Welcome to the forum!! :D
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I can't see half of the pictures. Some of them just show up as a little black outline the box some of them show up as a photo bucket not able to support third party sites, etc. is this a setting or something that I need to change? I'm really excited to see everybody's pictures but inevitably I can't see a lot of them. Oddly enough this seems to happen a lot of different forums sites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
It also seems that there have been problems with the site not showing some pics while using my cell phone, but then they are visible on my PC. This has only started in the last month or so. Instead of showing the pic it shows the symbol of a broken picture.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
I know when I added a pic from google drive some people said they could not see it until I changed it to come from upload from my computer.

Here is one from google drive pics

Here is one from my computer
1006121353.jpg
let's see if you can see both.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Yep, nice catch bro!! ;)
I know when I added a pic from google drive some people said they could not see it until I changed it to come from upload from my computer.

Here is one from google drive pics

Here is one from my computer
View attachment 117314
let's see if you can see both.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
For me 75% of the pictures stopped working 3 months ago. This is on the iPhone Tapatalk app. On the computer all the pics work perfectly. For me the problem is Tapatalk, they decided to all of the sudden start charging people monthly for certain features which used to be free. This made me mad and I use the internet now for viewing.

·
Super Moderator
4,859 Posts
It’ll take a while to sort out before it becomes easy again – data is power – look at Google

Sounds like photophucket is losing money fast – and this move will put the nail in the casket

The tragedy is the forums that will lose so much valuable information

Darwinian theory at its best – only the biggest and fittest will survive

For now, the best we can do is download it to a PC, and then upload it to the forum …..

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
Same here cowboyjeff.
I can not see Goldenhtr’s Google Drive photo in post #5 but the timber bridge abutment photo is visible.
I also am viewing from an Apple lap top.

·
Registered
37 Posts
For me 75% of the pictures stopped working 3 months ago. This is on the iPhone Tapatalk app. On the computer all the pics work perfectly. For me the problem is Tapatalk, they decided to all of the sudden start charging people monthly for certain features which used to be free. This made me mad and I use the internet now for viewing.
I have the same problem with Tapatalk on my iPad and iPhone. In fact, using Tapatalk is becoming a pain in the ass, and I prefer to use my laptop for serious viewing of forum discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the same problem with Tapatalk on my iPad and iPhone. In fact, using Tapatalk is becoming a pain in the ass, and I prefer to use my laptop for serious viewing of forum discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It definitely is tapatalk. I also use the ThumperTalk app and it works perfectly with pictures. I just find myself using my tapatalk forums much less now unfortunately. I'm just not a sit behind the computer screen guy anymore. Hopefully another free forum app will arise and I'll switch to it.

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
The PhotoBucket non-hosting for third party sites bit me today...a bunch of college kids having a creekside party today put a Chrysler 300 into a ditch. After hearing them spinning tires and digging in deeper I went down to do the neighborly thing and pull them out with truck and chain. Well...no tow hooks or any visible places to chain up to. My five minute solution was becoming a nightmare. Back to the house I went online and all the internet Chrysler and towing forums relevant all had their pics of possible tow points un-viewable. Verbiage just explained how you an’t do this, can’t do that with a Chrysler300, links for adapter bolts one can special order for second generation 300’s for overseas markets that break anyways. Grrrr... the kids are on their own. Best advice I left them with was to put down the beers and summon all hands on deck and push! Darn PhotoBucket!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts