TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, Ronnydog and I along several other riders went to Canyon de Guadalupe hot springs in Baja, Mexico for a couple of days of riding and soaking. Here are some pics of the ride, camp and the crew...

The Crew...

Gordy, Wayne (Russ' brother who inherited his bike), Duncan, Jim, Tommy, Don, Purple and Ronnydog

The entrance to the campground...just follow the signs....

The campground...

Tommy, Ronnydog and Wayne discussing the plans for the day in a secret hideout.

Ronnydog guarding his food from the rest of us :)

There were a variety of bikes here...TW200, Moto-Trial, YZ250, DR400 and 250.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The group ride in search of the Governor's mansion which we didn't find but found another hot springs instead...

Here we go....

Break # 1 in one of the few shade we could find. Yes it was quite warm out there...it was in the mid 80's. Sorry East Coast folks...don't mean to rub it in.

Break # 2 after a tough trail full of rocks and boulders.

Even Jim who is an excellent moto-trial rider had to take a nap after lunch and one beer.

Found the sign indicating we were heading the right way back to camp for a much needed soak.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
what a great looking ride! i'm glad to see that lizrdbrth's bike is riding on. :)

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
Nice to see everyone getting out and enjoying the ride. T-shirts look really neat. Good folks down that way.:)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Looks like a great time, I'm jealous again!, I'd trade you a whole bunch of my cold weather for just a tiny bit of your warm weather.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
What a beautiful place to go with good friends. I too would trade the rain for some nice sun for a while. At least here in western Wa we haven't had the bitter cold of a lot of the rest of the nation. I am so tired of the wet that I took the time to make this for my quad. Now, how do I do this for the TW lol.

There will soon be a toolbox below the windshield to cover the open space below it.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
That is a neat trip! I bet your guys had a BLAST! Why can't we feel the sunshine through our computers?? I NEEEEEED the warmer temps.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Thanks Flying Nun for posting, and we all had a great time, riding, soaking and good food. Here is the Nun on a trials bike in the canyon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
We rode about 40 mi to this spot up a long canyon and found this hot spring. I had to jump in and soak! You guys need to join us and enjoy Guadalupe.

Ronnywetdog

Attachments

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
This camp site has two pools the top one is hot and the one I'm in is cool. The water runs from the top pool then over flows into the cool one. The palapa has concrete floor and a fireplace.

Ronnydog

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
OMG!!!!! That place looks amazing. Is that between Tecate and Mexicali ? That one has been on my radar for 10 years. My wife is too afraid to travel in Mexico because some tourists have been disappearing. How did you go? Trailer in the bikes to the campground ?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Next time - I WANT TO GO! Great pictures!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Flying Nun for posting, and we all had a great time, riding, soaking and good food. Here is the Nun on a trials bike in the canyon.
Hey Ronnydog, thanks Tommy for letting me try out his Moto-Trial bike. That is a fun little bike to ride! It can be a little bit addicting to wanting to own one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts