TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 2002 WR250f with at least 3000 miles that I put on myself. Before I got it it had barely been ridden.

So, it has a JD main jet #128 ( I think) and the needle for my elevation installed.

Yeah, it needs a valve adjust and cam chain, however once warm she runs as good as ever.

ever since the JD kit install Gas drips out as I kickstart it, float bowl out of adjustment? Yes, the plug has been black due to running way rich.

I adjusted the float the other day the best I could as directed by my factory repair manuel.

Gas still dripped out, yet more.

So I plan to go back in deeper for cleaning and inspection.

I dont have calipers for the float adjustment as directed by the manual. (nor do I have budget for them right now)

So I used a 8mm wrench and a keen eye. (didnt turn out to keen)

So what else should I watch for when I am in there?

Any sweet tricks to getting the float bowl set just right.

I hope to get my cam chain and tensioner soon for install followed by valve adjust. depends on budget.

it really runs great and starts easy...once warmed up.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Check your float needle and seat, too.

Double-check your float height with a piece of clear tubing.

Trial and error is the name of the game for float height. You can make a gauge block to help with a consistent measurement, but it's critical to rest the float at just the right spot against the needle. If not, each measurement will be different and you'll be chasing your tail.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

So what else should I watch for when I am in there?
While checking the float needle seat, check the condition of the o-ring.

If it is dried out and flattened, fuel can pass around the seat even if the needle valve is fully closed, and cause the bowl to overflow.

Old seat on right, new on left:

jb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts