TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,170 Posts
User's TW is a 1992 model year so carb and boots have to be a match either for previous century or the current century
i.e. any year TW ca be made to run with either new style carb and appropriate boots, or a match of old style carb and old style boots.
Drain plug and air box screws could come from most any year. Don't forget a new O-ring and a spare for the oil drain plug. Stuck and abused drain plugs can often traced back to a flattened O-ring, same for stuck and abused valve cover screws...folks often do not replace the O-ring during valve adjustments and simply over-tighten, strip and/or shear off bolts in attempt to get a seal. Round O-rings accomplish the seal, not compressing two aluminum surfaces together.

Reactions: elime

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
You also might want to consider getting one of these sets to replace the JIS headed bolts on your engine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You also might want to consider getting one of these sets to replace the JIS headed bolts on your engine.

100% would suggest doing this while you're working on the bike. Allens are the bomb.com and I try to transition all my engine bolts over to them. Also that website has like freakishly good prices. Definitely ordering one myself.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
If I remember correctly, it contains two of the three oil filter cover bolts. The one that is not included is already a socket headed bolt that is available from Yamaha if needed.

·
Registered
1988 TW200
8 Posts
If I remember correctly, it contains two of the three oil filter cover bolts. The one that is not included is already a socket headed bolt that is available from Yamaha if needed.
That is correct, I just ordered a kit from them. Comes with 2. The other one has the thicker shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts