TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.....

My poor TW hasn't been running too good..

I pulled carb out planning to follow the excellent lazy cleaning thread. But found that the rubber line from bowl vent on bottom of carb was plugged with mud. Would this blockage cause my issues??. Or should I open up the carb?

History.
2007.. I bought it 6 months ago with about 870 miles, about 1600 now. Previous owner bought from estate sale, rode it around the block and decided to sell and get a street bike. Was running nice until couple weeks ago.

Best description is it misses, stumbles or feels like running out of gas at mid to full throttle. Most noticeable in 4th and 5th gear, but can feel it in all gears. Starts and idles fine. And seems fine as long as dont rev it much. Gets better if I pull the choke out when it stars to stumble. But then has high/poor idle.

Checked air filter and plug.
Been running sea foam to see if will clean it out.
I checked/ adjusted valves at about 900 miles. ( maybe should check to make sure the haven't loosened?)
Fresh oil and Lzrd cooler.

thanks.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put the carb back in and rode it . No change. So going to pull it back out and proceed with a cleaning.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed!!,! I think. Need longer test ride to be sure. Cleaned some gunk from the bowl, the main and pilot jets.. Looked almost like 2 pieces of tiny insect legs.. And some floaty stuff. Quick ride around the block, noticeable power increase and no stumble!!! Wouldn't have attempted to open the carb at all without the excellent write up on here!!,

Thanks all!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,996 Posts
Good job bro.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts