TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my son dropped off his bike(2006)TW. Would not idle without the choke on. Did the lazy mans carb fix and it's running great again. Pilot jet blocked. FWIW no one has ever been in this carb and I found no main nozzle as in this pic. Is this going to be a problem? Just took the bike on a 10mi road test and it's running great.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Unless it was stuck in the carb, I don't think mine has a "main nozzle" either... Seems to run just fine with a 130 in there.

·
Registered
297 Posts
They quite often stay stuck in the carb when you pull out the emulsifier tube. Just look through the bore of the carb and you will see it sticking up just a tad. I use a plastic tool to push it out. If it wasn't in there, the needle would rattle around horribly and it would never be able to even idle, would just be sucking gas through the main jet at all times. When re-installing it, just make sure the countersunk side is up, the beveled edge down, toward the emulsifier tube.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
They quite often stay stuck in the carb when you pull out the emulsifier tube. Just look through the bore of the carb and you will see it sticking up just a tad. I use a plastic tool to push it out. If it wasn't in there, the needle would rattle around horribly and it would never be able to even idle, would just be sucking gas through the main jet at all times. When re-installing it, just make sure the countersunk side is up, the beveled edge down, toward the emulsifier tube.
+ 1

You would know if the main nozzle (needle jet) was not in place. It wouldn't run fine.

jb

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well maybe it was just stuck up in there. Like I said it was the lazy mans carb cleaning. Just rotated the carb. 90* and removed the jets and cleaned them. Going to ride it into town to my grandsons baseball game then back to my sons house.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I see the cleaning wires in the kit. You can pick up a set of torch cleaners which come in a set just like that at any welding shop/store. I just did a cleaning on mine and they are small enough to do the job. Just a heads up.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have to pick one up. That pilot jet hole is tiny tiny tiny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts