TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cleaned my carb out completely and its running semi good now (89 old style). The only problem I am having is that its idle is running high on full choke and will not run without a little of the choke out.
I only adjusted the idle mixture screw out 2 turns. Do you think I should turn it out another 1/2 turn?
My other question could this be an issue cause I dont have the chain on the bike? I was told once that it may effect your engine overall if the drive train doesn't have anything to hold it back. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
...The only problem I am having is that its idle is running high on full choke and will not run without a little of the choke out.
I only adjusted the idle mixture screw out 2 turns. Do you think I should turn it out another 1/2 ...
Did I you follow the carb tuning procedure? .....there aren't any shortcuts...

http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-help/5751-paper-clip-my-93-carb.html#post58297

If the engine does't run without the choke...after warmup

....the pilot screw is not adjusted properly....or

...the pilot circuit is still not clean.

jb

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only reason I am asking is cause someone told me that it might back in the old forums and sadly no luck finding that thread. I notice with the chain off, the front sprocket spins a little bit. I just super cleaned the inside of the carb and all the pathways, jets, and pathways are open for sure. I will not get to it till this Saturday due to weather but wanted to see if anyone had heard of that. I personally think its the mixture screw. I had it turned out 2 turns. Thinking I may need another 1/2 turn on it.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
..... I had it turned out 2 turns. Thinking I may need another 1/2 turn on it.
Bluefox,

If you follow the carb tuning procedure, your engine will tell you if the pilot screw is in the correct position.

As another member has famously said, "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

jb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts