TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help, I put a new Carb on a 91 Tw 200 and there is a hose on the back right side that is about 1" long that connects to a why fitting.
I ran the one pointing down to bundle with the over fill hose, What I don't remember is where is the hose pointing up suss post to go?:eek:

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Never mind, I just stumbled upon a old post that said just get rid of the Y. Thanks bunch.
Bad info in that thread that said get rid of the Y! That Y has a purpose and it should have another line up under the fuel tank at a higher position. This prevents water from being sucked up when you do a deep water crossing and the lower tube get submerged, it is a secondary breather tube.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
It doesn't plug in - just take it as high as possible on the frame and leave it open ended ..... (see post 3 from Gary)

(I assume that;s the one you were talking about - the upper one that leads off the "Y" ) .....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my new Carb I melted the new Upper vent hose before I figured out where it belonged, I replaced with some 1/4" Black irrigation Tube I had hanging around.
I just ran it up and and thru the hole in the middle of the frame rail, about the center of the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts