TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 2010 tw and I have been online looking for jets, a pipe and a cone style air filter. I've found some filters and pipes but mostly from a Japan site. I'd like to stay in the continent with my credit card info, any recommendations on some good sites with a good selection? And for the jets not having any luck, do I need to buy a new carb? Are their kits available from any other carb manufacturers? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
For the carb jets, I think it is best to just buy the oem jets from yamaha for like $6 apiece. You'll find the part #s and more info in the Carb Tuning sticky thread. As for the rest, spend some time searching the forum. A bunch of people have posted on these subjects before.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You can get main jets on the cheap in a vast variety from jetsrus.com I ordered universal pilot jets from bikebandit they look like they will fit but I havent got them yet. should see them early next week ill report if they work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to a guy at procycle and said after 2000, they started putting a vacuum slide in the carb, instead of a cable operated slide, and I guess they have different jets. And also I'm starting to wonder if my bike is a Canadian model, all the spec sheets I see say that the Canadian model came with a tk carb and the us version has a mikuni. I'm really confused at this point. hahaha!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Its true. You have a different carb with vaccum slide capabilities. I often mix up which brand is which. The universal jets may still do the trick. It would be a twelve dollar gamble.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I talked to a guy at procycle and said after 2000, they started putting a vacuum slide in the carb, instead of a cable operated slide, and I guess they have different jets. And also I'm starting to wonder if my bike is a Canadian model, all the spec sheets I see say that the Canadian model came with a tk carb and the us version has a mikuni. I'm really confused at this point. hahaha!
Both are TK carbs. The 2001 and newer TWs have a vacuum operated slide.

The two carbs take different jets.

jb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts