TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I picked up a TW200 last fall. I didnt get a ton of time here in Michigan before winter hit. My friend also picked one up and I store it at my place.. we had a break in the winter here with 50 degree days. So I started the bikes. Both started right up and i took mine for a ride.

However my buddies is pissing gas as soon as i turn on the pecock. I have this picture on my cell phone.

I am almost positive its a 1991 so I am not sure which carb it has.

My question is is this a stuck float?

Ironically I kicked it 3 times and it started up. I didnt let it idle too long as I noticed the leak. With the bike off, if I turn on the pecock this happens right away.

The small red arrow is the stream of gas!!

I can get a different picture if needed, just let me know.

Is this looking like a simple drop bowl and clean or maybe a more serious rebuild? I am hoping to get an answer or at least headed in the right direction before breaking the news to him as he has not road this bike but once last fall before we stored them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.