TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, all I found on bike Bandit was a 125 and 128 for $18,( for a $3 jet) those part #'s will help alot.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Two years ago:

Two weeks ago:

Inflation, I guess. Stadium Yamaha has it for about $10.US. With shipping, the price would be about the same, and I like to support the local dealer when I can.

jb

·
Registered
567 Posts
AFAICT Yamaha parts have doubled in price and are getting to the point of being prohibitively expensive to maintain non running vehicles, or to complete basket case projects. I remember when TW rear fenders were around $60 now some are $160, and that wasn't that long ago, front fenders and side covers were around $30, now some side covers are over $100. I know because I used to buy plastics on ebay if they were NOS items, that was around 2004. Some sellers used to try to sell used pieces that they wanted more than the new cost for. I remember buying real nice Japanese pull offs(The Japanese use to pull their fenders off when they sold new TW's in Japan), and I remember being upset at paying $70 for a rear, when they were selling new white ones at the Yamaha dealer for $60 at the time. front disk hub used to be about $70, and spokes about $35...I'd hate to check the price of factory gaskets nowaday. Does anyone know what a brand new 1987 TW sold for? I bet it was well under $2000, I bought my 1982 xt200 for $1199 otd.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just checked, and $9.00 plus tax (9.50) Cdn was what I paid for my 116 back in July.

I'm guessing some dealers just mark up harder than others.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The dealer I go to has a box of jets for each brand of carb. $3 each plus tax is what I got mine for.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The dealer I go to has a box of jets for each brand of carb. $3 each plus tax is what I got mine for.
The dealer I went to also had a box of jets, but they were the round head Mikuni jets and not the hex head jets.

When we tried the round head jets in the carb, they screwed in but not smoothly like the hex heads. I don't know if this is true in all cases. You might want to check.

jb

·
Registered
254 Posts
I see the Mikuni type we can use on the TK carb on eBay for $4.97 w/free shipping. This vendor has #130 & # 132.5, maybe others as well. Remember, Mikuni jets have a different size numbering system than our TK jets. link to eBay jets

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Good point Turtle Chaser. The Mikuni jets will work, but a 130 Mikuni is very different in flow rate from a 130 from Yamaha.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So glad you mentioned that QWERTY! From all the research I've done I believe the Mikuni jets are aproximately one size larger than the TK jets. So like a #130 TK is roughly equivalent to a #128 Mikuni. Do I have that correct or is it the other way around ? This rule of thumb would help as a starting point for tuning with Mikuni jets.

thank you kindly, mac

·
Registered
254 Posts
whoops!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I have no idea how the sizing compares, but if Mikunis are bigger your comparison would be correct.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts