TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something else that goes in the needle valve set ( I think that it) basically to control the float/gas amount of gas

·
Registered
940 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve looked at it and can’t get it off the tiny computer screen. I need access to the parts book. Looks like a trip to the stealership.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I don't see the actual needle it should be hanging from the float frame and protruding down into the brass seat

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. UNFORTUNATELY I went to a local shop for the part and before I knew it I was getting charged for a carb cleaning by a pompous shop owner...typical. Go in for a parts he said he had in stock which he didn’t and leave with a $100 “repair “ bill.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Every TW I have ever purchased where the owners said they just had the carb fixed meant I had to fix the carb correctly and correct all the errors from the shop, Yamaha rarely stocks any parts so it can take two weeks to order carb o-rings etc and when people bring their bike to a dealer they always want it back fast so they can ride next weekend this means the shop has to re-use the old parts which never works well and never works for long. Usually the carbs that are supposed to be "rebuilt" are already damp from leaking gas I guess the customers fail to see that before they pay $100 to $200 for the shop bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts