TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not used to running 200cc bikes on the road. Anyways, i've noticed (mostly in 5th gear) that about 5500-6000 rpms if i'm cruising it takes more 'throttle' than id' expect to speed up. like 1/3-1/2 throttle. I'm trying to figure out if maybe i'm a bit lean or if its just thats all the engine typically has at such a high gear/rpm.

Instead of just 'speeding up', i've tried slowing opening the throttle and I do notice a *slight* change from enough to sustain speed to where i'll speed up, but it seems to be a bit of a spot in the throttle where it doesn't do much if its done quicker.

Just looking for some feedback

thnx!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
What year bike/carb, and what modifications have been made to it (if any)? Cleanings? Anything else of note, its been sitting or it runs daily, any other work done? You get the idea.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year bike/carb, and what modifications have been made to it (if any)? Cleanings? Anything else of note, its been sitting or it runs daily, any other work done? You get the idea.
after i posted this i realized i didn't know, but should, and probably shoulda looked before I posted.

stock exhaust/airbox. Haven't dug into the carb yet but PO said it was stock and he had cleaned it, runs fine otherwise.

new plug, seafoam thru the tank.

55 rear sprocket/14 front

i guess i wanted to know first if its just kind of something you get used to running a 200cc on the street, but sounds like maybe not.

'06 frame with carb

I believe 99-2000 crankcase, early 80's cylinder YTM and I think 06 clutch/stator side covers with '06 electrical.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
IMO , the 55T rear sprocket may be the issue ?. OR , try rejetting , shim the needle ,and turn out the pilot screw and see what results you get .

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO , the 55T rear sprocket may be the issue ?. OR , try rejetting , shim the needle ,and turn out the pilot screw and see what results you get .
Its not the easiest to reproduce so I could try pulling the choke out a bit to see if is helped by going rich on the fly.

why do you think the 55T?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts