TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a K&N pod filter and a supertrapp muffler. Now when I let off the gas I get a poping sound. Do I need to get a bigger jet cause the air and exhaust flow is better? Arizona is the area by the way.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am adding a Beams style low header/exhaust and K&N pod. I am planning on starting out with a 118 jet and will tune from there. I have also turned my mixture screw to 2.5 turns out as a base point as well. YMMV.

·
Registered
428 Posts
sorethumb, i had the same popping issue as you have now. first i tried just a carb jet which was the #130, still popped on decel. then i shimmed the needle with one .020 inch shim, still popped. then went up to a #132 jet and two .020 inch shims and now all is well. like some of the advanced members say, do little steps until you find the sweet spot.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
mr zaninni speaks wisdom. Make adjustments one step at a time as long as results are positive. Main jet first, then needle shims, then pilot screw.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Mr Z., I think you meant to address Rising Sun, not me. Your advice is spot on though-I intend to adhere to Qwerty's carb tuning bible.

If my bike is making popping sounds at the moment, it's more than a carb problem...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts