TW200 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
As a note on the HF ultra sonic cleaner. I have one and it is great. I actually put water in the tank and the parts to be cleaned in a ziplock bag with 100% Simple Green... It works awesome. Wife likes to use the cleaner for her jewelry so I heeded her warning.... hahahaaa "Don't get your greasy crap in that cleaner!".... "YES MAM!".

·
Registered
514 Posts
Another thing I will add. I helped a friend who had a little Honda Eu-2000I gen that had a carb problem. He used it a lot but would let it sit for a long time between runs at times. Almost every time he would have trouble running lean.
We found light brown almost liquid molasses like stuff in the emulsion jet and float bowl. We were doing a WTHeck.. I poured a 1/2 oz of e10 gas in a jar and let it evaporate. After a couple of months there that molasses was. Ethanol sugars.... Seems that Seafoam keeps this from happening. Not sure how. Maybe Stabil does the same thing, not sure.

I add Sea Foam to all of my small engine stuff. Dub included!
Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Today I rebuilt my other carb with a different aftermarket kit and was totally shocked by how bad the parts quality was. NEVER buy the Sumo brand off of eBay. Absolutely HORRIBLE. I thought that since it was made in Taiwan it would be better. Nope. Not at all.

The main jet holder had a different number of ports in the body. The fuel filter thingy was shorter than the stock one and it was smashed. The float bowl bleed screw was longer. The gasket hole for the top of the carb didn't match up. And the needle was shorter than stock. Luckily, I was able to clean the stock parts sufficiently and the new float bowl o-ring fit well enough. I did have to use the aftermarket pilot jet because I couldn't get the main orifice clear on the stock one, even with soaking and a fine wire. It was clogged.
IMG_20200301_182947.jpg IMG_20200301_180237.jpg IMG_20200301_175329.jpg IMG_20200301_165244.jpg IMG_20200301_164501.jpg IMG_20200301_163201.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As a note on the HF ultra sonic cleaner. I have one and it is great. I actually put water in the tank and the parts to be cleaned in a ziplock bag with 100% Simple Green... It works awesome. Wife likes to use the cleaner for her jewelry so I heeded her warning.... hahahaaa "Don't get your greasy crap in that cleaner!".... "YES MAM!".
That's a great tip. Thanks.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts