TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1987 TW200 has developed a carb leak. I believe that it's the float needle and/or the seat o-rings. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a rebuild kit with those items and the other O-rings for this Teikei kikaki carb?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
There is a rebuild kit offered on Ebay. However, those who have purchased it have not been very pleased with the contents.

It's best to buy the individual pieces from an online OEM parts vendor.

Recently I have been very pleased with the prices and reasonable shipping of Ron Ayers.

http://www.ronayers.com/

But there are others.

jb

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bought the ebay kit. I just restored a 93, put all the desirable farkles on, and was most satisfied w/that rebuild kit. Loved the oversized jet that created the super smooth idle and took away most of the cold running issues I had prior. Best $35 I spent on the whols restore!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Kelly, thanks for the update on the Ebay rebuild kit,

It's good to hear a favorable review.

jb

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I bought the ebay kit. I just restored a 93, put all the desirable farkles on, and was most satisfied w/that rebuild kit. Loved the oversized jet that created the super smooth idle and took away most of the cold running issues I had prior. Best $35 I spent on the whols restore!

It sure must have been a different kit than the one I got off ebay. The one I got was dog do-do. The only part I am still using is the float bowl gasket. The float needle worked for a month or two and then started leaking. The high speed jet looked good but I didn't need it. All the other parts were just plane wrong. Hopefully the kit has been updated / corrected so all the parts now work.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Check your petcock before going for the rebuild. It will only take a few minutes...

Take fuel line off with petcock in off position. If you get the slightest dribble, it's the petcock. Mine was dripping once a second or so and it was enough to fill the bowl and make it leak.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well, it doesn't leak when the fuel is off, but shouldn't it also not leak when the fuel is on?
Not out of the petcock. Off should be NO FUEL at all to the carb through the petcock. When it's on, fuel should freely flow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts