TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2008 model and need to know what is the stock carburetor needle size for this model year, and what needle sizes are recommended for different altitudes. I live in Denver CO, but have plans to do a long off road trip with elevations from 2000 to 12,000 ft, and I'm thinking of taking various needle sizes with me. Currently it has a 125 in it. I hope someone can help out so I'm not stuck at the top of a mountain or overheating in the desert with no one around. Also, where can I buy different size needles? I've searched online and can only find whatever is stock, and they don't give a size. Are there other adjustments I can make in the field that aren't too complicated? I'm fairly mechanical but new to the TW, and motorcycle maintenance, but not afraid to try. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
This is a duplicate post, the new mule guy has the same discussion going on in the high altitude thread.. Just saw it.. Best to let this run out over there.

·
Super Moderator
18,171 Posts
Reactions: JerseyJeeper

·
Registered
20,722 Posts
Good answer from our Superb Moderator LittleTommy, much better than my high altitude response would have been:rolleyes::

irish-sea.jpg

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Are there needle alternatives out there for the TK?

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Are there needle alternatives out there for the TK?
If you're not talking about main Jets (there are many). There is one needle I know of in addition to ours in the states here. It's the Australian one (there is one more groove on the needle for the clip, 5 total I think). Boats.net stocks them, stadium does not. Two on the way now for the play with the carb parts bin.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Yes, I was talking needles not jets. Other than the extra clip groove does it have the same profile? I have experimented with different pin profiles in a Mukuni on my XR4 back in the day.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Yes, I was talking needles not jets. Other than the extra clip groove does it have the same profile? I have experimented with different pin profiles in a Mukuni on my XR4 back in the day.
As soon as it's in my mail box i will let you know, i'm interested as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts