TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused. I have a 1987 TW200, and I just cleaned and rebuilt the carburetor as advised by members of this group. Thanks! I am in the process of tuning it, and was trying to find the best setting for the pilot screw. It turns our the best setting is with the screw all the way in. How is that possible? I thought the fuel would be cut off with the screw all the way in. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
20,376 Posts
That's good to hear.
Otherwise I was going to suggest the following:

Set Ignition Switch off, throttle open, mixture at Idle Cut Off.
Set fuel selector switch to MAIN TANK and crank open engine cowl flaps
Set propellor circuit breaker to AUTOMATIC
Set supercharger on LOW and push Carburetor Air handle in so that air is delivered directly to the engine, and set idle for 1,000rpm.
Turn battery switch to ON, turn on Emergency Fuel Pump and wait for fuel pressure gauge to read 15psi.
Hold primer switch ON for three seconds and turn ignition switch to BOTH.
You should be able to fire your starter cartridge now and hopefully the engine will catch and giver off just a little blue smoke until things settle down
Move mixture control to AUTO RICH and flick the primer switch a few times until engine smoothes out.
Then tease the throttle open to 1200 rpm and wait for the oil pressure and inlet temperatures to move into the green, should be seeing 70psi and 86 F after a minute or two.
Move magneto switch from BOTH position from first LEFT, the RIGHT.
You should notice less than a 100 psi difference. Return magneto switch to BOTH and you should be good to go.:p

Ooops, wrong motor starting drill. Sorry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good to hear.
Otherwise I was going to suggest the following:

Set Ignition Switch off, throttle open, mixture at Idle Cut Off.
Set fuel selector switch to MAIN TANK and crank open engine cowl flaps
Set propellor circuit breaker to AUTOMATIC
Set supercharger on LOW and push Carburetor Air handle in so that air is delivered directly to the engine, and set idle for 1,000rpm.
Turn battery switch to ON, turn on Emergency Fuel Pump and wait for fuel pressure gauge to read 15psi.
Hold primer switch ON for three seconds and turn ignition switch to BOTH.
You should be able to fire your starter cartridge now and hopefully the engine will catch and giver off just a little blue smoke until things settle down
Move mixture control to AUTO RICH and flick the primer switch a few times until engine smoothes out.
Then tease the throttle open to 1200 rpm and wait for the oil pressure and inlet temperatures to move into the green, should be seeing 70psi and 86 F after a minute or two.
Move magneto switch from BOTH position from first LEFT, the RIGHT.
You should notice less than a 100 psi difference. Return magneto switch to BOTH and you should be good to go.:p

Ooops, wrong motor starting drill. Sorry.
Yeah, that was going to be my next move for sure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts