TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TW200
233 Posts
Speaking of the carbs on our bikes. I noticed the later year TW's have different jetting than the older ones like my 2004. When I had my carb off I was surprised it was not a Keihin or Mukuni. Does anyone know what brand it is? Also, what name-brand jets fit them as a cross-reference?

·
Registered
2004 TW200
233 Posts
Mr. Jb - Thank you for the good explanation. I have worked on bikes my whole life and am not sure I have ever seen a Teikie carb? Since it sounds like you know your stuff, I'll ask this - Any chance you know the size of the 34 pilot orifice?
I see quite a few people are recommending that as the next size up from the OEM 31? Larger PJ is almost a standard on all carb bikes nowadays with the regulations. Some carb bikes new, barely even run in stock jetting configuration. My 450 Honda was a joke the way it came from the factory - so was my YZF450.

·
Registered
2004 TW200
233 Posts
The larger 34 helps because it allows more fuel on cold starts and off-idle acceleration. The 31 is largest PJ for the richest fuel mixture at those conditions they could get away with due to regulations for emissions [ wonderful EPA geniuses ]. The couple thousands larger size of the 34 is not going to make any difference for clogging a .011 orifice vs says .012 or .013 orifice.
I just thought maybe you did a spec check on the two. Engineering curiosity.

My carb has the "TK" on it - I did not know what brand that was. Thank you again for educating me on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.