TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the carburetor off my 2006 TW for a rebuild. There appears to be a "cap" over the pilot screw. Any advice on removing this cap to replace the pilot screw?
Thanks.

·
Registered
20,466 Posts
To replace or adjust the screw first remove the cap by screwing in a small sheet metal screw until it gets a solid bite while piercing the cap. Then with pliers and a wiggling motion pull the screw with cap attached out from carburetor body. Should you need to drill the existing hole in cap a bit larger to set a good screw attachment ( Gosh I love to say "a good screw" in polite company without getting into trouble) be careful to not let drill pierce too far as drill bit wight engage pilot screw head and accidentally seat it too firmly.

·
Registered
20,466 Posts
In my opinion the cap is lip service to the concept of clean emissions by not having the customer readily able to modify the fuel mixture. It is also a tale-tail for the dealership to note if customer has modified anything thus possibly voiding warrantee. Cap is not really necessary for keeping things clean nor providing reliable operation so you need not replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts