TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up a 7X12 cargo trailer this winter to retrofit into a rustic toy hauler.

We put insulation in walls and ceiling, added hardboard to the ceiling, installed a couple of resin cupboards for camping gear and kitchen counter.

Got an old double bedframe, added plywood and a foam mattress, this tips up and is secured to the wall with ratchet strap while we are not camping.

Added an RV latch to the man door so we can get in an out.

Installed a bunch of hooks for helmets, clothes etc.

Put in a roof vent, currently our only source of light.

Next year it will get a window, awning, Cabelas camp kitchen and possibly a solar panel.

The chock are spaced so we can haul the tubs or the hogs.

We have been out with it a couple of times this year and are just loving it!
IMG_0063.JPG

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
One of several setups I'm considering for camping is a cargo trailer behind my RV. Kind of like a rolling garage. Something to haul several bulky toys I have... the TW, the inflatable boat & outboard, my canoe (on top since it's 16') bicycles, and a few more things I'll probably think of later.

Oh, yeah... chairs, fire-pit cooking hardware, etc.

Think it'd be better to have all that stuff in a separate storage, rather than in the RV under foot. Don't really need a car out camping anyway with the TW along.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
It doesn't take much to be comfy in camp. All I need is a commode, a hot shower, and a bed, and I can fake the rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts