TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading most of what I could find here, I decided on an emergency fuel fix that works well for me. I'm not doing multi-day rides, and I don't have the kind of distance y'all do out west, I just need a little to get me back to a gas station if I'm out kicking rocks a little too long. Tru-Fuel in the gray can is straight ethanol-free 92oct and costs me $8 for a 32oz metal can. The can fits perfectly in these $9 Chinese tacticool water bottle carriers https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08FZ9DGXS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
and straps on my Cycle Racks rear rack easily (with a few zipties for good measure). I'll look into rotopax if I ever get the opportunity for a LONG ride, but this is a cheap solution that works for me now.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
478 Posts
After reading most of what I could find here, I decided on an emergency fuel fix that works well for me. I'm not doing multi-day rides, and I don't have the kind of distance y'all do out west, I just need a little to get me back to a gas station if I'm out kicking rocks a little too long. Tru-Fuel in the gray can is straight ethanol-free 92oct and costs me $8 for a 32oz metal can. The can fits perfectly in these $9 Chinese tacticool water bottle carriers https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08FZ9DGXS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
and straps on my Cycle Racks rear rack easily (with a few zipties for good measure). I'll look into rotopax if I ever get the opportunity for a LONG ride, but this is a cheap solution that works for me now. View attachment 220279
Great alternative for distraction-level go-go juice! Like.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm curious, how did you attach your pelican case to your rear rack? Is it removable? I've got one I'd like to mount but haven't decided on a method yet.

Sam

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
If anyone’s in search of an economical, but quality Rotopax alternative (with a better design, imho), I just picked up a 1gal/4ltr fuel pak off EBay for under $40USD with a Best Offer. (Also available in 1.85gal)

Very solid construction (could park a car on this thing); mount hole seems compatible with Rotopax mounts, though I’ve not verified - in search of a mount, next.

The EBay sellers of these tanks don’t seem to sell the mounts, so you have to verify compatibility & source mounts elsewhere.

Red Gadget Automotive lighting Gas Art

EBay seller was “best-world1”

Sorry 4 the hijack! Hope it helps someone!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm curious, how did you attach your pelican case to your rear rack? Is it removable? I've got one I'd like to mount but haven't decided on a method yet.

Sam

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
With U bolts through the bottom. It's semi-removable...I'm thinking on some better, less permanent solutions but this works for now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone’s in search of an economical, but quality Rotopax alternative (with a better design, imho), I just picked up a 1gal/4ltr fuel pak off EBay for under $40USD with a Best Offer. (Also available in 1.85gal)

Very solid construction (could park a car on this thing); mount hole seems compatible with Rotopax mounts, though I’ve not verified - in search of a mount, next.

The EBay sellers of these tanks don’t seem to sell the mounts, so you have to verify compatibility & source mounts elsewhere.

View attachment 220299

EBay seller was “best-world1”

Sorry 4 the hijack! Hope it helps someone!
Little bit of EVERYTHING in that seller's store...😳

·
Registered
478 Posts
Uh oh! I only landed on their fuel pak listing, based on price - no need for whatever “else” they’re hocking!

People sell the strangest combos of products in online stores sometimes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You sure you want to give Murphy something to do by carrying fuel on the exhaust side?
It's above the exhaust, on the other side of the plastic body piece, in a metal can wrapped in a Cordura sheath with about 5in of air space. 22 years of experience as a professional firefighter leads me to believe it'll be ok.😎 Besides, there's another one just like it already on the other side lol.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
For years we have used these screw tight aluminum water bottles for our stove fuel (alcohol).

They come with a silicone type seal and I have never had a leaker. Best part is that they are always in good supply at every Goodwill store for $1 or less.

I like bright VanVan orange with FUEL painted on the sides with a Sharpie.

I'd think there would be a perfect fit for that carrier sack and it'll cost not much at all to fill with alcy free gas.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
Wow, $16 for a gallon of gas, whew! Maybe I'm just kind-a lucky. I've been using regular pump fuel in everything I've owned for decades. And whatever comes in that fuel, alcohol wise, I've really not paid that much attention to. All my vehicles, motorcycles, boats, blowers, weed wackers have run on regular pump fuel for what seems like forever and ever with zero issues. Now, if and when I procure some sort of additional fuel tote on my Dub, I'll look at what's been presented on here and go from there. But, whatever fuel I put in there, will be used at a rotational basis anyways. I like all the ideas presented on here so far. By the way, I can't seem to find the SXS or whatever that red fuel container is on ebay. I can find "long haul" and many other brands but, can't seem to find that one. I also tried to look up "Best-World" as a seller but, no luck there too.
Scott

Reactions: Fred and Collin

·
Registered
720 Posts
Apparently I'm really retarded when it comes to searches on ebay. I can't find that particular SKP can and, I find "51" matches for Best world1 as a seller. But, there's no way I can find what the seller is selling. Everything below that 51 matches is stuff sold by other sellers. Hmmmm. Man sometimes I think I was just dropped from the turnip truck.
Scott

·
Registered
478 Posts
Apparently I'm really retarded when it comes to searches on ebay. I can't find that particular SKP can and, I find "51" matches for Best world1 as a seller. But, there's no way I can find what the seller is selling. Everything below that 51 matches is stuff sold by other sellers. Hmmmm. Man sometimes I think I was just dropped from the turnip truck.
Scott

A different seller than the one I bought from, but close in price & item is stateside in NJ. Now that you see this listing with the specific tank, you will see many other EBay sellers are offering this specific one. Like I said, there’s a 1.85gal version available, too, if you need that kind of volume.

Good luck!

My Order Confirmation w/ Seller’s name. Note, it’s hyphenated:

Communication Device Gadget Font Screenshot Multimedia

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, $16 for a gallon of gas, whew! Maybe I'm just kind-a lucky. I've been using regular pump fuel in everything I've owned for decades. And whatever comes in that fuel, alcohol wise, I've really not paid that much attention to. All my vehicles, motorcycles, boats, blowers, weed wackers have run on regular pump fuel for what seems like forever and ever with zero issues. Now, if and when I procure some sort of additional fuel tote on my Dub, I'll look at what's been presented on here and go from there. But, whatever fuel I put in there, will be used at a rotational basis anyways. I like all the ideas presented on here so far. By the way, I can't seem to find the SXS or whatever that red fuel container is on ebay. I can find "long haul" and many other brands but, can't seem to find that one. I also tried to look up "Best-World" as a seller but, no luck there too.
Scott
128oz in a gallon...that's $16 for HALF a gallon lol. That's emergency fuel only though, and I'm paying for the sealed metal can as much as the fuel.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts