TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony you should come up here and ride with us. Maybe do the Rubicon again .
Last photo places my bike on same rock as my twenty year old selfie avatar pic. Taken at Upper Lost Lake on way to hwy 4 via narrow jeep corridor through Mokulumne Wilderness. TWs pokey at 8000+ elevation

·
Registered
441 Posts
It was a great day of riding, with endless scenic vistas and gorgeous Sierra alpine forests. Tony, I agree with Fred, we need you up here for the Rubicon '14.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
hey fred,
i was just up there last week! we camped at blue lakes, and my poor bike hated going from gardnerville back up.... beautiful area.

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Joe, your trip over Carson Pass was the inspiration for our trip.Beautiful country. We planned to go from Caples Lake north to Hwy 50 and American River via jeep road but were stopped by road closure. So we went south past Blue Lakes through Clover Valley corridor to Hermit Valley on hwy 4 by Ebbets pass. Great creek crossings on Deer Creek but trail uploadfromtaptalk1404577091776.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404577128595.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404577159957.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404577174525.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404577203235.jpg deteriorated to boulder garden. The old jeep trail was so deteriorated, steep and boulder strewn that we decided to complete a big loop via asphalt over Ebbets Pass down to Carson River, Markleville and back up Hope Valley rather than backtrack. Lots of twisty narrow corners on Ebbets Pass so TDubing it was as fun as I had hoped, zoom, zoom going downhill, wheez, wheez going uphill to 8500 ft summit.

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
There is some very nice scenery and history in many of the places we explore. This picture is at a summit where Pacific Crest Trail, modern Jeep road, old wagon trail from a mining ghost town and old Kit Carson Military Road all come together, probably overlaid on top of older indian trails that follow even older ancient game trails. Not too many easy ways over the Sierras and many canyons and ridges seem to end up leading here. Kit Carson let General Fremont's army through here on one of several Indian "pacification" expeditions 150 years ago or so.

Yesterday area was full of happy holiday campers, fishermen, hikers,and off-roaders all enjoying the day.
On top of one remote peak we found a happy group skeet shooting clay targets and golf balls they were driving off the summit. They were hitting an surprisingly high percentage. Too bad they did not clean up their littered shell casings and targets when they were done as peak was virginal and natural before they came. Oh well, at least they were shooting in a semi-safe direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Love the history to go along with the wonderful pictures!:D Another great ride!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Fred and Adam. let me know when your going on your next ride. Would love to ride up there again. My right foot toes are healed and ready to ride again. (I did ride 3 times on 4th july weekend on coast but was all pavement with 9 Harleys and a victory)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts