TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
19,093 Posts
Wouldn't that be fun to ride??

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
423 Posts
50hp from a 750??? Did they mix up the plug wires?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yep. So can a yz250. Or any bike if you got the cash. I've seen pics of a dub with the track kit on it. Modern 250 2 stroke with a big bore kit is around 50hp. Just seems really small power for something as big and heavy as a 750. It's still 10 pounds per hp, which is the bottom end of really fast, but you'd think it would be more considering. Unless they are letting the tuning possibilities be part of it's allure? Deliberately nutted for your pleasure lol.

Reactions: Ken and TWBigBlake

·
Registered
423 Posts
It just occurred to me that being concerned over a 750 only producing 50hp is rather dumb of me when I'm proud of owning a 200cc that makes 2hp less than a 140cc lawnmower engine...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Looks like someone took 2 wheels off of an ATV....
Horse power seems pretty low...
Heavy....
Seems like they could have used a twin 650
Made more torque and a lot more horse power.....
Shaved a little weight off at the same time...
Didn't catch a price...... probably way to much...
Trim 150 pounds and it might catch my eye...
Caterham does build some cool little go carts I mean cars....
Mike from NC

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yep. So can a yz250. Or any bike if you got the cash. I've seen pics of a dub with the track kit on it. Modern 250 2 stroke with a big bore kit is around 50hp. Just seems really small power for something as big and heavy as a 750. It's still 10 pounds per hp, which is the bottom end of really fast, but you'd think it would be more considering. Unless they are letting the tuning possibilities be part of it's allure? Deliberately nutted for your pleasure lol.
No... I am familiar with timbersleds.

I mean Caterham was talking about it in a prototype video last year (watched last year, I'm sure it's from longer ago) and made it sound like this will operate more like a proper snowmobile, designed for the bike rather than a universal platform adapted to motorcycles like the timbersleds.

They mentioned that it was supposed to be a much quicker process to change over to the snowmobile "attachment" but I'll believe it when I see it.

I just thought it was cool that you buy a motorcycle and you also get the attachment to make it a snowmobile.

But I don't think this bike is gonna see the light of day, a lot of the articles a d discussions about it are from 2013 going forward with recycled pictures and discussions.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yeah if it's a custom deal it could be cool. But If the people that designed, built and have been fine tuning it for ten years are saying 4 hours to do the swap, you know damn well it'll take the average bike person all day. I'd take the bike but they can keep the attachment. The bike looks way cool other than those weird round things but that seems to be a caterham thing. They all have them even the little electric bikes. that electric dirt bike they make looks pretty sweet.

Reactions: Ken and TWBigBlake

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like a beast. I missed the bhp/weight ratio. I bet it goes like hell once up to speed... in a straight line!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Shh, don’t tell anyone, but my harley has a 1586cc and 80 ft-lbs. and weighs over 900lbs.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Now maybe Yamaha will make a bigger TW with more horsepower and affordable price that will kick its butt.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Only thing I wouldn't care for is that CVT tranny. Perfect for a snowmobile though. Sure has a mean look to it and I really love the design of the frame.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Has anyone seen any performance data on this?
Specifically, top end & cruising speed?
Having 750 ccs and being street legal won't be much use if it won't hit highway speeds.
Probably too heavy for an old guy like me to horse around for serious offroad, but I love the looks, and it should do better than the TW with more footprint and more power.
If us normal folks can afford it.;)

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
This one has been kicking about for years, almost a decade later, and still no sign of it happening soon

45bhp if you believe in rumors - but that is all it is - look at it as a "concept" - we'll never see it .......

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Near as I can tell, this bike doesn't exist. It was promoted as far back as 2013, revived in 2015 and 2017, then nothing since 2017. Never put into production, I can't even find evidence it ran, just a mock-up.

EDIT
Great minds think alike; Purple and I came to the same conclusion at the same time. Ha!

Reactions: Purple

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's a shame, I would probably pay more than it's worth to get one.
I love unusual (oddball) stuff like this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts