TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Caterham TW750*

and OMG.

Still, Caterham promises it will be on sale as early as Spring next year, at an ‘affordable’ price.
If possible I would dabble.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Wow. Looks like a futuristic Rokon.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Looks like mine will look if I don't quit adding heavy crap to it:p. But that thing is probably built from billet Unobtainium. I wonder what they consider "affordable".

Caterham is know for building light weight and overpowered. May prove interesting if they enter the bike biz.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm guessing from the looks in comparison to the tires that the seat height is around 35 inches or so... Heavy, tiptoes offroad? Doesn't seem like it'd be as user friendly as the venerable TW. I'll keep what I got and just slowly (huge smile and laughing) putt past the deep pocket guy/girl that's struggling with that monster.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Those look horrible honestly :eek:

Reactions: r80rt

·
Registered
976 Posts
Kinda cool looking to me, just needs a clutch lever and a shifter!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I'd drive one. For sure it would get a lot of looks.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Personally too modern and odball. Just not me

Reactions: r80rt

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Glad I searched before I posted about it. I think it looks glorious!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'll have some of what they're smoking over at Caterham's marketing department...
Lotus has purchased Caterham, BTW. I guess that's ONE way to get back to it's roots.
A long term fan of Colin Chapman, (RIP...) I think he'd be rolling over in his grave. The operating principle of Lotus was "add lightness".
The concept of the Lotus 7, since it's inception in 1957, up to today, when it's still produced was a simple, affordable, available in kit form if necessary car rhat would outperform supercars.
I bet that 750cc monstrocity will weigh like a Harley, and cost like one too.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
It's a styling exercise. From all of the buzz it's getting it's a pretty effective one, if not a particularly original one. Looks like a fat-tired version of the billet Confederate. And like the Confederate most will probably end up on display in the guest bedrooms of oil sheikhs.

Nothing good lasts forever, I reckon. Poor Colin.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I always thought that about auto atv's until i road the kawasaki prairie 700 4x4. I liked it so much that i bought a new one in 04. I wouldnt be suprised if the brutus engine and cvt arent straight from the kawasaki brute force 750. Over 50 H.P. Stock. I know my prairie will pull the wheels easily so im sure the brutus will yank a fat wheel with ease.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts