TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was deleting some old photos today and thought I would share this one of TW in a squeezably tight trail. We should have a post for just interesting photos beyond the photo tag thread.
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry r.e. double photo.
Please post any good pics here, no rhyme or reason needed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
we have a trail up here that has two rocks a little closer together that we call the lemon squeese.ok for bikes but a real chalenge for quads if they don't hit it dead centre or a tire looses grip on one side,you end up on your side.

·
Registered
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great cloud shot. Sunrise?

Happy Trails

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sunset in the Mojave in Jawbone Canyon area. My wife and I were inside our car to escape the cold winds that were blowing through our campsite and so I shot this pic on my IPad through the widow because I'm a lazy photographer. These 2 pics were better but I already used one before on an earlier post.

Imagine what Admiral or you could have done with your high tech stuff?

·
Registered
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like your backstory for the sunset photos Passman, puts a nice perspective on some pretty pics. Sometimes the most casually composed shots turn out surprisingly good, like you are a sleepy cold Adsel Adams.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Man...Ansel? I appreciate the complement but I don't think I can live up to it. By the way, the weirdest cloud I ever saw was when I was coming down from Mt. Whitney, around sundown. The cloud looked like the Starship Enterprise! No joke. It had a saucer like shape with two streaming clouds shaped like cylinders. I had packed my camera earlier thinking I wouldn't need it. By the time I fished it out, most of the shape was dissolved. I know someone may say " Pic or it didn't happen "

·
Registered
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man...Ansel? I appreciate the complement but I don't think I can live up to it. By the way, the weirdest cloud I ever saw was when I was coming down from Mt. Whitney, around sundown. The cloud looked like the Starship Enterprise! No joke. It had a saucer like shape with two streaming clouds shaped like cylinders. I had packed my camera earlier thinking I wouldn't need it. By the time I fished it out, most of the shape was dissolved. I know someone may say " Pic or it didn't happen "
Those standing wave lens-like or lenticular clouds ofter occur on downwind side of Sierras and Colorado front range due to orographic effect of moist airmass raising over the mtns. As airmass uplifts it cools , becomes supersatuarted and forms a cloud, a stable standing wave. As airmass descends on lee slope it warms up and becomes capable of holding moisture in suspension and the visible cloud disappears.
Enough amateur metrology, those clouds look awesome! Sometimes the flying saucers stack up three deep, other times they occur in a chain down length of Sierras. Sunset colors really set them off.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
a beautiful evening. ptarmington just starting to turn color, my caribou loaded. Great open country for a TW. A person could pick there way across this with no problem. Those small reddish bushes are blueberries, just have to watch out for the big guys out getting they're fill.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice photos plumbstraight, they trigger pleasant memories. Wild blueberries, yum...When I worked claim-staking along Canadian border north of Sandpoint, Idaho I had a very young dog at my side for company and bear warning. Got tired of hauling water up the mtn for her, me and the crew so I taught her to harvest blueberries on her own . Very cute and smart dog quickly learned to identify the ripe ones and would graze contentedly while I surveyed. She would have quit the purple tongue at end of day.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
that's a good one Fred. Coyotes and fox eat them, why not a dog. Having a dog along with you is nice in the bush. Lets a person get some sleep.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts