1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Being able to get all the power to the ground with out wheel spin can get you quick lap times. That said He needs to try a Dub.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being able to get all the power to the ground with out wheel spin can get you quick lap times. That said He needs to try a Dub.

Yea, a stripped down CBR would (clearly) make a super-nimble platform, too.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I like these lower cc classes because it's more about skill than power. It's like autocrossing a Miata. Anybody can go fast in a Corvette. But Miatas can beat Corvettes on the autox course with a good driver.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
It's why I have more fun on my DR650 than I did on my FZ1. Or my Z1000 before it.
Well, I have to confess to orgasmic fun on my Speed Triple and a number of other hotrods!

But, condensed down to just one thing, my TW just makes me smile.

I got my 1st motorcycle a long time ago when I was 14. A 3rd hand Harley "165".
The TW gives me the same feelings it did.
And I smile...without going 160MPH!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yeah, my fast bikes were fun and all, but all they really did well was go really fast.

The funny thing is that my TW is more fun than my KLX ever was. I still dunno what it is about the TW... it's just a fun little bike.

It's sunny and 50 here today.. I"m tempted to pull it out and go for a ride.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
As I found out on the Dragon. The Dub does not have much power but can be tosses around like a toy even with stock tires. Going fast on one is a matter of keeping up your corning speed,something a Dub makes easy. Put on a set
of203/204 tires and you can corner so hard the bike starts to feel like its flexing.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As I found out on the Dragon. The Dub does not have much power but can be tosses around like a toy even with stock tires. Going fast on one is a matter of keeping up your corning speed,something a Dub makes easy. Put on a set
of203/204 tires and you can corner so hard the bike starts to feel like its flexing.
No doubt man! Just like the XT, it could get twitchy if you weren't careful, but I used to rail on that stock TW on the streets!

·
Registered
265 Posts
On TWO WHEELS is or was a great show. I don't think they make as many episodes once they left Regular TV and on YOU TUBE now. I think it could be lack of funding , I could be wrong. Ari is a very good rider I hope they continue show and make more episodes

·
Registered
265 Posts
"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom
Since you brought up BEN BOSTROMs name. My wife and I were recently at a Road Race event and went in line for the Autograph session. My wife asked Ben to sign her BEN BOSTROM DUCATI HAT. He was surprised a fan and specially a lady could talk about his old DUCATI racing years. I am sure he had fun on the high powered World Super Bike Ducati but even him he couldn't master the bike. I have gotten to do a track day years ago and he came out to do some sessions and would talk to the group later. He seems to be a nice guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts