TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone is interested, I am posting a few photos of my muffler that I just picked up after ceramic coating at a local shop in SE Michigan. I'm very happy with the results. I recently purchased a 2006 with 181 miles that has some cosmetic damage. I decided to try ceramic coating rather that repainting the muffler which had quite a few scratches. The cost was $60.00

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Very nice. Did you do the headpipe?

I have no problem keeping a finish on the muffler. Mine still has the same rattle can, Pep Boys DupliColor ceramic paint that I applied a couple of years ago. But that danged headpipe has been repainted numerous times and nothing seems to hold up. Ceramic seems smart.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. Did you do the headpipe?

I have no problem keeping a finish on the muffler. Mine still has the same rattle can, Pep Boys DupliColor ceramic paint that I applied a couple of years ago. But that danged headpipe has been repainted numerous times and nothing seems to hold up. Ceramic seems smart.

I have a stainless TTR-225 header. After seeing the results, however, I wish I would have had the OEM header coated as well!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I never payed attention to the fact that the TTR pipe is stainless. Thanks for the tip.

Off to eBay.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That looks GREAT and a great deal for $60!!

I never payed attention to the fact that the TTR pipe is stainless. Thanks for the tip.

Off to eBay.

+1 on the TTR header. I've got one. It's cheap on eBay and nice knowing that it'll never rust!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts