TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, my TW ate a rock into the chain/rear sprocket. It bent one link, but the chain did not fully fail. I was able to limp the bike back to the hotel ~6 miles at 20 mph. Every minute, or so, I'd hear a nasty whack of the chain link hitting something (not sure what yet.)

I plan to replace the chain and sprockets (if they are damaged). I'd like to add some sort of chain guard to keep this from happening again.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally got a chance to add a "proper" chain guard to my TW today. I think this would have avoided the rock-eating problem I had recently. I also took the chance to upgrade to an o-ring chain.

I may clean it up a bit with some shorter M6 bolts to hold it on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which model did you order it for?
Sorry - I just don't remember. I know they don't have a model specifically for the TW200. The best I can tell you is the model number listed on my order: Polisport Motorcycle Chain Guide 329553

I think you could adapt just about anyone with a 1"-wide aluminum strip mounted from the existing chain guard.

I cleaned up my install today with some right-length M6 bolts. I also found some other M6's that were just a bit longer for the existing rear mount to account for the 1/8" aluminum plate thickness.

I rode it around today and it seems fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts