TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked before but this forum's search function seems to not be working.

I have a 2001 TW200 (it's the first one with a disc front brake) and I would like to convert to a 15t front sprocket and keep the rear sprocket stock (which I believe is a 50t sprocket). Could you tell me which chain length I should buy? Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked before but this forum's search function seems to not be working.

I have a 2001 TW200 (it's the first one with a disc front brake) and I would like to convert to a 15t front sprocket and keep the rear sprocket stock (which I believe is a 50t sprocket). Could you tell me which chain length I should buy? Thanks!

Dan

I plugged your info into the chain calculator and it popped back 122.395 links. So you will either need a 122 or 124 link chain. For example, with my 14/55 setup I can use a 124 link chain and put my adjusters on 2, but with a 126 link chain they are on one notch under 6.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I converted my 2013 TW to a 15T front sprocket and O-ring chain and used chain cut to 120 links. Only 1 tooth difference on the front sprocket should not make any difference in chain length.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I converted my 2013 TW to a 15T front sprocket and O-ring chain and used chain cut to 120 links. Only 1 tooth difference on the front sprocket should not make any difference in chain length.
Stock gearing of 14/50 takes a 122 link chain. Going up one tooth in the front should require a tad longer chain but I am sure the 122 would be fine. I have no idea how you made a 120 link chain fit unless you mis typed or mis counted.

GaryL

·
Registered
9 Posts
I previously stated that with a 50T rear sprocket and a 15T front takes a 120 link chain. I dug my old chain out and counted the links, It had 122 links. Sorry about the misinformation.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Yep, 122. My '96 came with a stock rear and 15 tooth front with 122 links in the chain, which is the stock length.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts