TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what area to put this in but here it goes. I am going to put a 55t sprocket on my bike. I was wandering what length chain I am going to need since I am going up from 50t sprocket?

thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
never mind I just found the chain length calculator.
I have looked around on this forum and im sure its every where but i cant find it and need chain help. I want to do a 14/47 on my 2002 TW200 for a little more road top end. I have used the chain calculator and they say the 14/47 should be a 116 link if the stock one was 122. Then im looking at ebay non o-ring kits and they are listing 120 links not 116 with a 14/47 kit. Which is right?

I just want an o-ring chain with 14/47 sprockets. Click and buy. Can someone help me out with a link or some helpful info?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Chains come in certain lengths. Not exact for all applications. So if exact link chain is not available it's best to buy a longer chain.Then "break" chain and remove extra links. Buy a chain shorter and you'll be adding extra links and master links to make it long enough. Not recommended.
Check out Procycles web page.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chains come in certain lengths. Not exact for all applications. So if exact link chain is not available it's best to buy a longer chain.Then "break" chain and remove extra links. Buy a chain shorter and you'll be adding extra links and master links to make it long enough. Not recommended.
Check out Procycles web page.
That makes sense, do you turn the adjuster all the way in and then remove links to fit? Sorry. First TW, first motorcycle at that. Total Newby here.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You could. But I'd get an idea of how many links first. Would suck to buy a long enough chain then remove to many links.

My last chain change was in the late 80's-early 90's. Then I rarely rode my IT's. Until my TW I've been riding a shaft drive for 20 +years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
how do i know how many links the 14-47 will need? was kinda hoping someone could chime in who had it. 14-47 seems to be a decently popular gear for these. I was told this is stock - OEM Sprockets Front-Rear: 14-50
OEM Chain Pitch-Links: 428-122. If i had to guess, 120 is what id end up needing?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well Procycles says 120 "might" fit so hopefully someone who has changed sprockets will chime in.
Might should woulda coulda. Doesn't seem absolute to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts