TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I enjoy this Project Farm YouTube guy’s tests. I don’t always agree with his testing methods and results but he’s unbiased and he’s my kinda nerd. It’s a small sample and he doesn’t test any of those that are more motorcycle specific. Right now I use Motul. When that runs out I might try the CRC because I rarely ride in the dirt.

I think the biggest thing is clean and lube your chain often and it’ll last a long time.

Also - if you have an O or X Ring chain, soaking the chain in Acetone to clean it like he did would destroy or damage the rings/gaskets.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'd agree the methods are a bit off. The comments in the video kinda highlight this. Wrong temperatures for the materials used, the lube was applied somewhat incorrectly, etc. Hopefully there's another test that takes this all into account. It'd be interesting to see.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hello,
The video is very interesting :thumbsup:, but...
For the chain I use special equipment and professional oil ... :D;)

Product application, regular about every 300 km (186 Miles), or when I think about it ..:rolleyes:
No need for more...

Matos lub Ch.jpg

·
Read Only
173 Posts
On my o-ring chains, I have had great luck with Dupont's degreaser and their wax-based "chainsaver". (I do really coat the heck of the chains with the chainsaver)... Usually on an interval of 500 to 700 miles depending on type of riding. Less if in harsh environments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts