TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks again to everyone who helped a retard.

So I bought this chain link press and I'd like to ask for help me figure out how to use it.
This is the way I see it:
Install the tool on the link after installing the outer plate/pins and the inner plate with X rings.
Tighten the two side bolts enough to align the press flat with the link.
Tighten the center bolt to the point where hopefully I can see the grooves where the clip goes. Am I correct?
Thank you for your help. IMG_0858.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Cerberus.
I live in Athens.
I’ve been all over Europe as I was born there but never to Greece. I must make it a destination in the next year or so.
Mind a question? My brain has constipation...
When I push the tool plate that’s supposed to push the link plate past the groove where the e clip goes, isn’t it going to hit the pins first thus preventing the link plate to move past the groove? A stooped question maybe, but... thank again.

·
Registered
523 Posts
It comes down to pressure, that tool, c-clamps, vice grips, whatever you end up using to apply pressure to the link plate, just make sure not to wrench it down so hard you start damaging the master link... goop up the master link with the provided lube, and push the plate down just enough to expose the grooves for the clip to slide on.

If the lube (mine was an off white) is making it hard to see the grooves, just wipe the pins so you can see the exposed groove. Shouldn't need to leave the tool on to get the clip to slide over the pins.

If you're still not feeling 100%, I'm doing some work on my TW, I'd be happy to face time or talk you through it over the phone if that would help?

·
Registered
156 Posts
You shall place the plates so that this groove is above the pins so that they have space to be pushed past the plate.
456564654.JPG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts